Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Hey...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
bruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bruceleeon's Tacoma Gallery
Hey...

Okay... I am new to the Tacoma. I have always been a foreign sports car guy. However, if I had my idea of what I wanted my Taco to look like it would be:

What can you tell me about this pic? Lift? Rims? Tires? etc...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
ALOT of monies.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
agreed, monies. I'd start with something simple like.....color...and how many doors

welcome
Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
bruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbruceleeon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I already have the truck... (4 banger version though)
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
indycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud ofindycross has much to be proud of

Name: Ross
indycross's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!! Any more details on your truck? Might help with some suggestions.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Thats probably too big of a lift for a 4 cyl. It looks like a 6" procomp lift on close to 35" tires.

A 3 inch lift would be alot better in my opinion. You can fit 33 inch tires and it will be more functional. 3 inch coilovers such as Icons with 285/75/16 tires on a wheel with 4.5" backspaciing would suit you very well.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Thats probably too big of a lift for a 4 cyl. It looks like a 6" procomp lift on close to 35" tires.

A 3 inch lift would be alot better in my opinion. You can fit 33 inch tires and it will be more functional. 3 inch coilovers such as Icons with 285/75/16 tires on a wheel with 4.5" backspaciing would suit you very well.
i agree.this is gonna get real expensive,cause you need to trade for a v6
Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleeon View Post
Okay... I am new to the Tacoma. I have always been a foreign sports car guy. However, if I had my idea of what I wanted my Taco to look like it would be:

What can you tell me about this pic? Lift? Rims? Tires? etc...

You wouldn't happen to have a larger image of it would you?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
minus the bullbar
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post

Too much for the 4 eh? In time, currency willing, I will have my 6. For now... I have a bunch of payments on this 2011 4cy Access cab.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
ALOT of monies.
All I see is a 6" lift, wheels, tires....

Not cheap, but as modded trucks go, certainly not anything overkill.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
All I see is a 6" lift, wheels, tires....

Not cheap, but as modded trucks go, certainly not anything overkill.
Bull bar, skid plate, side steps. I know I've seen those wheels on here before but I'm not sure what they are.

I also can't make out if there's a tonneau cover or not, the fencing in the back is making things a little fuzzy.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
Bull bar, skid plate, side steps. I know I've seen those wheels on here before but I'm not sure what they are.

I also can't make out if there's a tonneau cover or not, the fencing in the back is making things a little fuzzy.
Still...compared to a SAC'd rig in full armor, this is middle of the road.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
I never said otherwise, I just added to the list of things you didn't mention

It does seem fairly basic but I'm sure they can easily cost close to $10K once added up.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
4 grand should get ya there

Welcome to the site man
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
4 grand should get ya there

Welcome to the site man
Oh that's right, americans get things for about half of what we have to pay for it

4 grand seems to be low though, he's got at least 2 in wheels and tires alone.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
6" lift most likely pro comp, any sort of black rims will look good, skid plate that tip looks like it is black so it may be an rbp 4.5" tip like the one on my truck, it has factory step boards personally id opt for nfabs/rbp steps i dont like the board look, and a westin bull bar but again id go for a black westin not chrome
Old 01-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah......but i bet it has good vibrations......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
Oh that's right, americans get things for about half of what we have to pay for it

4 grand seems to be low though, he's got at least 2 in wheels and tires alone.
And a 6" kit is another 2000 to 2500. I'd say $5000 US to go from stock to that, give or take a couple hundred for the bullbar and the pro-comp skid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
yeah......but i bet it has good vibrations...
OH GOD! Not the early 90s!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #20
So, with limited funds, where should I start? You guys are the pros...