Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Folly of the Day

Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
anrima is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Folly of the Day

So I had a bit of an accident on Friday with the Tacoma. So this is my folly of the day, hopefully you guys can get some entertainment from it. It only took 16 hours of hard cleaning and gutting the interior to bare metal to get the truck back into perfect condition.

Note to Self: Stop making rookie 4x4 mistakes (downshifted in the puddle).

Anyone else got any follys they want to share?
Attached Thumbnails
Folly of the Day-photo-1.jpg   Folly of the Day-photo-2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Taco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to allTaco John is a name known to all
Taco John's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't look like the protective covers on the carpet did their job!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, that sucks man
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
This wasn't my first, but my last. Ive been stuck with water in the cab 4 times. This wasn't the worst, but dealt the worse damage. Costed me over $2,500, rebuilding my transmission. Lessons learned, and learned greatly... Sorta... SAS Doesn't get stuck now haha. this is pre-sas.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Video... Don't laugh.... to hard

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=M2U00072.mp4
Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
this one is a good use for a huge
when your funnest days turn in to your worst days
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy and I have been trying to think of away to seal the doors of our second gens to keep water out. Was thinking of adding extra weather stripping above the original weather stripping to act as a double layer. Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Jason,

Mud not only came in through the door but through the rubber plugs on the underside of the vehicle (which caused me to get a little mud under the carpet on the drivers side). I sealed the rubber plugs up but it would still come in through the door (4 holes in the actual metal on the under side of the door).
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i got some water in my 08,instead of cleaning it i put an air freshener under the seat and traded it in.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
By the way vinegar does an excellent job of neutralizing bog mud smell. I doused the carpet with it and then ran a rug doctor over it several times (with odor eater in it).

The interior of the truck when we were finished actually looks better then when I bought it, and the slight hint of vinegar will fade quickly.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
"A" for effort man!! I almost thought you had it at one point when the front end started coming up.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrima View Post
By the way vinegar does an excellent job of neutralizing bog mud smell. I doused the carpet with it and then ran a rug doctor over it several times (with odor eater in it).

The interior of the truck when we were finished actually looks better then when I bought it, and the slight hint of vinegar will fade quickly.
might be time for you to rhino the floor.i want to do that with my truck but no money or time to do it.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
might be time for you to rhino the floor.i want to do that with my truck but no money or time to do it.
We almost did that yesterday when we were cleaning. We had the spray cans ready but I wanted to see how the carpet turned out.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Jason,

Mud not only came in through the door but through the rubber plugs on the underside of the vehicle (which caused me to get a little mud under the carpet on the drivers side). I sealed the rubber plugs up but it would still come in through the door (4 holes in the actual metal on the under side of the door).

There has to be a way to seal the truck. Cant be that hard. I'm determined to figure out a way to do it. So we know the doors dont seal and there are 4 plugs under the truck that do not seal. Where are the plugs located??.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Jason - there are somewhere between 8-10 of those rubber plugs some of them with wiring going through them. (Can't remember exactly how many yesterday was a blur getting everything done)
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
I had my 05 with water almost upto hood and it did not leak at all. HMMMMMM.......
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #18
commander101

Quote:
Jason - there are somewhere between 8-10 of those rubber plugs some of them with wiring going through them. (Can't remember exactly how many yesterday was a blur getting everything done)

ok thanks i'll have to look into it some more and maybe next weekend give it a shot if i do it i'll write up a mod for it
Old 02-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #19
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
ok thanks i'll have to look into it some more and maybe next weekend give it a shot if i do it i'll write up a mod for it
Jason - I may try and pull the interior back out to rhino line the floor. Probably not this weekend but soon!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
commander101

yeah i had thought about doin that but I wassnt sure how it would look. I know they make a weatherproof replacement for your carpet cause I helped another buddy put it in hs chevy a few years back. Its kinda like the weather proof floor mats but covers the whole inside of the truck. I have no idea who makes it tho.