Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

what does SR5 , pre runner ,TRD mean / come with that stock doesnt ?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
biggecko is on a distinguished road
Name: Tarek
biggecko's Tacoma Gallery
what does SR5 , pre runner ,TRD mean / come with that stock doesnt ?

mah first post here!,hi yall li got mah 2000 tacoma and im gettin a lil confused because my taco has SR5 pre runner and trd logos and idk someone please shed some light on this ive been told it cant be all three
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
sr5 is a trim package. pre runner i believe just has a 6 lug suspension and trd comes with decals and lockers and whatever else other goodies you throw on stock
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
You're being told wrong. The TRD package puts different shocks, seats, and other accessories on the truck. PreRunner just means it's 2 wheel drive, but set up like a 4 wheel drive. On the 2nd gen (2005-Current), the SR5 package adds This:

SR5 Extra Value Package: Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps (V6 models only), Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Bucket Seats with Driver Lumbar Support, SR5 Fabric Trim, Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], SR5 Badge

It can have all 3 of the packages you listed. Mine is a 2005 SR5 TRD Offroad. But mine's 4 wheel drive, not a prerunner.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
ive also heard sr5 is a 5 speed manual trans, but mines auto so im guessing im completely off? lol, and damn u guys are fast!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nope sr5 doesnt means its a manual
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No, the SR5 is just a package. It can be an automatic or a manual.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
and are the 2wd tacos with lockers off road capable? not mudding or notin just off road?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Almost there

its not the truck, its the driver
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #9
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
its not the truck, its the driver

This.

It all depends on the driver, but yes, a Prerunner with a locker is relatively capable off road.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
aite , thanks i apreciate it ima have plenty of posts since i aint got mah license yet so all i can do is mess with it and upgrade till july when i start driving and gettin dirty lol any good beginner tips and hard to find websites with great deals?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
Your mom goes to college

Go to the top of the page where it says shop online to the right under the picture of the truck. A lot of good sites there.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
thanks i apreciate u guys helpin me out
Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #13
im actually about to buy a flo master 40 series to put on it im gettin it for 25 bucks
Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 AM   #14
WittyTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Gregory
WittyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i am a little confused. i just bought a 2011 tacoma prerunner sr5 and it does not have the sr5 badge on the tailgate... any ideas why that is? i'm willing to accept that i'm just blind and overlooked something small here, lol. just curious. thanks!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTacoma View Post
i am a little confused. i just bought a 2011 tacoma prerunner sr5 and it does not have the sr5 badge on the tailgate... any ideas why that is? i'm willing to accept that i'm just blind and overlooked something small here, lol. just curious. thanks!
They took the SR5 badges off for 2011.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTacoma View Post
For whatever reason, I believe they stopped putting the SR5 badges on the tailgates in 2011.