Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

New '10 T4R!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
New '10 T4R!

Picked up the TE a few hours ago.... very impressed! Only thing I didn't realize while test driving it was that it doesn't have auto headlights and memory seats. Not a huge deal, still very happy with the purchase! Was hoping to get to see the Taco.... but it was still on it's way. Hopefully still picking it up Thursday afternoon (bought them together as a package deal, traded in our 09 F150).

(Yes the dealer let us take this thing home haha. Not sure what I'm going to do with it....)

Hopefully I'll be able to get some good "family pics" when we pick up the Taco (and NOT at the dealership or the driveway haha). For the 4Runner, I'm planning to order the Katzkin seats w/ heaters next week. On the lookout for a leather steering wheel but haven't found anything. Only other plans really are a TRD CAI, some other wheels/tires, and plastidipping the chrome on the dealer plate covers. I don't mind rocking the dealer plate covers... they treated us well and gave us a great deal. Just gotta black out all of the chrome parts haha
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
very nice....
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
damn man what do you do for a living to have all those awesome cars?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
damn man what do you do for a living to have all those awesome cars?
Haha I wish they were all mine. Unfortunately they are my parents though.... doesn't hurt being 17 and having access to them whenever they aren't being used! The G37 coupe is my mom's car.... Tacoma is my dad's truck.... the 4Runner is the "family hauler" (I convinced my dad to get the Trail Model).... and the STI is my dad's car (but he doesn't like to drive it in the winter and really kinda hates it..... I'm pretty much the one that pushed him into buying it!). I get to take the STI to university though (2nd year onwards) so I can't complain.

Hopefully you all don't hate me for not actually owning a Tacoma myself and instead just getting to drive one frequently! I'm on a forum for every car in my signature.... I love cars, talking on them, working on them, etc etc.

I have my own car but it isn't worthy of being in my signature haha. It's a 92 Acura Legend.... bought it for $500, needs a new transmission and a little bit of other work.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post

Haha I wish they were all mine. Unfortunately they are my parents though.... doesn't hurt being 17 and having access to them whenever they aren't being used! The G37 coupe is my mom's car.... Tacoma is my dad's truck.... the 4Runner is the "family hauler" (I convinced my dad to get the Trail Model).... and the STI is my dad's car (but he doesn't like to drive it in the winter and really kinda hates it..... I'm pretty much the one that pushed him into buying it!). I get to take the STI to university though (2nd year onwards) so I can't complain.

Hopefully you all don't hate me for not actually owning a Tacoma myself and instead just getting to drive one frequently! I'm on a forum for every car in my signature.... I love cars, talking on them, working on them, etc etc.

I have my own car but it isn't worthy of being in my signature haha. It's a 92 Acura Legend.... bought it for $500, needs a new transmission and a little bit of other work.
cool kid....coulda swore you were from California though
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
cool kid....coulda swore you were from California though
Haha why's that?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.

Yeah, my Mom has a 2010 4Runner too. All I get to do to it is change the oil & filter, rotate the tires.

I'm 42 though, not 17. She's still upset I wrecked her Caprice back in '86.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #9
theallpowerfuljon is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
theallpowerfuljon's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I test drove one and loved it, but couldn't sell the old lady on one for her.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
Nice.

Yeah, my Mom has a 2010 4Runner too. All I get to do to it is change the oil & filter, rotate the tires.

I'm 42 though, not 17. She's still upset I wrecked her Caprice back in '86.
Hey my dad is the same way to my older brother (who's 37). Back when he was younger he was always wrecking and scratching up my dad's cars without telling my dad. Eventually my dad just stopped letting him drive his cars haha.

Luckily I haven't had any accidents, paint scratches/dents, or close-calls in any of the cars yet. Worst thing I was did was when I was driving the STI in downtown TO.... it was Christmas eve, and my first time driving a manual within a city. I was pretty nervous and under pressure from all the traffic.... so I kept stalling out and grinding the gears for the first 5-10 minutes of driving haha. I also hadn't driven manual since September. The times I drove it out by our farm I was fine.... no grinding or stalling. Just something about driving in the city that screwed me up. Need a little more practice I guess!