Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What the hell Toyota?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell Toyota?

It looks like the ABAT is going to become reality and the diesel Tundra is a no go. If I was running Toyota, I think that I'd be doing the exact opposite.

http://jalopnik.com/5052961/toyota-a...ets-black-flag
Old 09-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
It looks like the ABAT is going to become reality and the diesel Tundra is a no go. If I was running Toyota, I think that I'd be doing the exact opposite.

http://jalopnik.com/5052961/toyota-a...ets-black-flag

I agree, I was hoping for the diesel to come to the US, but it looks like it's not going to happen now....Bummer....IMHO, I think the ABAT is fugly myself, but that's just me..

Mike
Old 09-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, the Abat is the damn definition of FUGLY. To be honest, I'm surprised they think somebody would buy one. Oh well, I guess if the Yaris sells this will to.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
OOhhh god it looks hidious!!! doesn't that remind us of something?? OH YEA... THE FUGLY HONDA BRIDGELINE TRUCK WANNA BE!!! I'd say we should all write a partition up to Toyota to Fired that god damn designer of the ugly A-bat Mobile!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn....

-1 for Toyota.... that is a ugly metrosexual truck/car/whatever the hell is that...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Warrior View Post
I agree, I was hoping for the diesel to come to the US, but it looks like it's not going to happen now....Bummer....IMHO, I think the ABAT is fugly myself, but that's just me..

Mike
I guess what they say about FJ owners being dumb is not completely true after all.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
all sorts of chicks are going to be buying that abat.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
all sorts of chicks are going to be buying that abat.
Then those sorts of chicks should die for buying that car!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #10
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
how appropriate is this comic for today

Attached Thumbnails
What the hell Toyota?-immortalsoul.jpg  
Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #11
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
no diesel tacoma?? No diesel Toyotas in the US.

Stupid car companies should be allowed to fail - so toyota gets a pass overall, but this isn't going the right way IMHO.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
ah...exciting times ahead.
i remember my great, great grand dad saying he'd never sell his horse!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota really dropped the ball with this one .
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #14
Samsonite...I was way off!
jmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud ofjmasterj has much to be proud of

jmasterj's Tacoma Gallery
It may not be so bad. It will be interesting to see the non concept version and see what they change. I agree with one of the responders in the article about blind spots. Of course Toyota has never really taken into consider blind spots as it is now.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I can see a few appealing aspects to the abat. Compact size, convenience features, and the option to make your bed 8' long. The styling is all wrong though. It looks like a toy car.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That's a disgusting looking vehicle.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the look of the concept A-Bat, but I'm not going to trash it yet. I want to see the production version first. After all, I thought the Scion xB's were ugly as shit when I 1st saw one, but they sparked my interest and I ended up buying one and loved it.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I don't like the look of the concept A-Bat, but I'm not going to trash it yet. I want to see the production version first. After all, I thought the Scion xB's were ugly as shit when I 1st saw one, but they sparked my interest and I ended up buying one and loved it.
Agreed. I also think that the Abat concept is certainly a step in the right direction for a hybrid vehicle... There just isn't anything out there that makes sense for my needs in that market segment. The Abat is certainly something I would consider though.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery

no need to point out oddities...it was a 15 minute photoshop job