Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Thoughts on 81 pick up?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts on 81 pick up?

Came across a guy who builds and works on older toyotas for a living and he offered me this truck for my yamaha superjet (jet ski). its an 81 and he said it runs good. He said there will be back fee's and the tires that are on it right now won't be included, but I'm going to talk to him about that.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to drive around to the store every once and a while but it would mainly be on the trails at the local OHV down the street from me.

I dont see him telling me much about it so what should I look for when I go see next week and do you think I have too much work ahead of me?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
at least test drive it.
Thats the very first thing I'm going to do
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
check frame rust as well.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Depends what year superjet.round nose or square?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Depends what year superjet.round nose or square?
round. if it was square I wouldnt be doing this lol
Old 04-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
hahah yeah hell no!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
how many miles on it?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
how many miles on it?

Not sure. As long as 4wd works I'm not too worried. Or should I be?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
How about anyone else?
Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
I used to race motocross with a guy that had a truck just like that. It was sweet I'd get it man I wish I could find one near here that's not beat to crap.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
how many miles on it?
with those trucks...im not sure it matters

i've seen SEVERAL upwards of 700K

thats a sweet looking truck...try to get him to throw in the wheels/tires
Old 04-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a buddy back in Wyoming that has one. The things are tanks. He wheels it all the time and had absolutley zero issues driving it down here to pick up a motorcycle.
He constantly pisses off my other buddy who has a Range Rover. The toyota can go all the places his rover can but the toyota never breaks down.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
11-98 MUD

Law Enforcement:
Awesome thanks guys. I'll post pics if I get it.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
mytattootears has a spectacular aura aboutmytattootears has a spectacular aura about
Name: ramon
mytattootears's Tacoma Gallery
I would get it , I'm working on a 1979 project myself and just scrapped a 83. Just make sure there is not much body rust bc the rest can be fixed or found easily. I would recommend a 22r engine too