Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Tough choice ... need some help

Old 10-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
scootdog01 is on a distinguished road
scootdog01's Tacoma Gallery
Tough choice ... need some help

Hey everyone. I've been looking at buying a Tacoma for a few months now and since Toyota just announced the 0% financing offer I think it's time I jumped in. My dilemma is this: I can afford the regular cab 4x4 without much problem. But, as you know you can't get the TRD off-road package. The V6 access cab TRD off-road will cost a LOT more. With some skid plates and a little more clearance will the regular cab 4x4 hold it's own on the trails?
Old 10-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
To answer your question, yes the Reg cab 4x4 will be fine on the trails.

But, I'd go for the V6 TRD Off Road. Better resale value, powerful and efficient engine, and more room in the cab. Plus, that locker makes a world of difference off road.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
emad is on a distinguished road

emad's Tacoma Gallery
sure will look at my pics
Old 10-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootdog01 View Post
Hey everyone. I've been looking at buying a Tacoma for a few months now and since Toyota just announced the 0% financing offer I think it's time I jumped in. My dilemma is this: I can afford the regular cab 4x4 without much problem. But, as you know you can't get the TRD off-road package. The V6 access cab TRD off-road will cost a LOT more. With some skid plates and a little more clearance will the regular cab 4x4 hold it's own on the trails?
The regular cab is gonna be just as capable as the TRD Offroad without the locker engaged. The only other real difference is the reg cab has the 4cylinder and the wheelbase difference. You can always put an aftermarket locker in to make it just as capable.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
+1. Also, adding an after market locker would be much cheaper than buying a trd off road. If you don't need the extra cab space or the v6, the reg cab 4x4 would be great.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
Jeffman1991 is on a distinguished road
Jeffman1991's Tacoma Gallery
The Regular cab will be lighter and will do great on trails, but I personally Dont like the look of a regular cab. You may be better off buying a used access cab with the TRD Off Road package. You could still finance it through the dealership
Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman1991 View Post
The Regular cab will be lighter and will do great on trails, but I personally Dont like the look of a regular cab. You may be better off buying a used access cab with the TRD Off Road package. You could still finance it through the dealership
This will make you like the reg cab.

^^ Pure sexiness. Check out those dual winches!

If they made a reg cab V6 with all the options my AC has, I'd buy one.