LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

$85,000 Toyota Truck at the Porsche Dealership

Old 06-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
$85,000 Toyota Truck at the Porsche Dealership

So I drove by the Porsche dealer here in Richmond, VA and saw this: http://euroclassics.porschedealer.co...79788/info.php

I've never heard of it but it must be badass to have an $85,000 price tag.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
So I drove by the Porsche dealer here in Richmond, VA and saw this: http://euroclassics.porschedealer.co...79788/info.php

I've never heard of it but it must be badass to have an $85,000 price tag.
Yup. ICON 4X4 stuff. http://icon4x4.com/
Old 06-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Weird, my buddy builds these here in LA, I never knew he worked for Icon. On Saturday he was test driving, as in joyriding, a 4 door version similar to this. The thing was bad ass, he says the customer paid 180, yes 180, thousand dollars to have it built.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
yep thats about right for a custom Icon vehicle
Not to mention those FJ45s aren't exactly easy to find.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
so what makes these a "Toyota"?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
so what makes these a "Toyota"?
The old FJ looking body.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
tanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tanner's Tacoma Gallery
Why the hell would you want a Toyota with a GM motor in it?

I'm not trying to sound like a smartass, I'm just asking. It makes no sense to me but for that kind of money I'm hoping there is some reason for it.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Why the hell would you want a Toyota with a GM motor in it?

I'm not trying to sound like a smartass, I'm just asking. It makes no sense to me but for that kind of money I'm hoping there is some reason for it.
The LS series engine they use is a great engine and it is simple. Currently Toyota does not make a simple V8. More wiring would be needed for the DOHC VVT-i V8 Toyota makes.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Ghey
Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdmv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdmv's Tacoma Gallery
I could talk em down..
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #14
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
for 180 thousand you could build a new true toyota FJ that would shit all over that. and look 300x better
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #15
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is pretty awesome. Not $85 G's awesome to me but then again if you can afford it then $85000 probably isnt a whole lot to you lol. But still an awesome rig for sure.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #16
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
for 180 thousand you could build a new true toyota FJ that would shit all over that. and look 300x better
^This,
Hollywood Rich Kid Toys
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #17
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
100% built by well trained craftsman.
I guess you could say that. My friend that builds them is a bit of a stoner, and he got wasted while testing out the truck, but he know his shit.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
But then you just spent 180K for a SUV. I'd rather have some kind of supercar.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
well drew he basically has an awesome job lol gets baked and builds top notch off road vehicles. the american dream. lol
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #20
Quote:
well drew he basically has an awesome job lol gets baked and builds top notch off road vehicles. the american dream. lol
He was telling me to drive it while he was all hammered, I didn't want to take the chance wrecking some dudes brand new very expensive toy.
Not sure how true it is, but he said the buyers have to show proof of more than a million dollar worth to be able to one, makes sense though.