Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

new Tacoma......ADVICE NEEDED

Old 06-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
new Tacoma......ADVICE NEEDED

I just purchased a new 2011 Tacoma crew cab 4x4 sr5. want to lift it at least 3". the front end is lower than rear from factory, right? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! want to keep lift between $500-1000

please advise
1. best kit?
2. best height?
3. best company/dealer to buy from?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
how much money are you willing to spend?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
the search button is on the top right... lol
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Say good bye to your savings no that you found TW. Search it up you will find tons of options to fit your budget that have all been tested thoroughly by members here.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks! stilllearning things here.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Billstein 5100s up front, 5125 or 5150 on the rear and a AAL, block or full leaf pack on the rear depending on how much you want to spend.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #7

should add that i dont do any serious off roading. I hunt alot, fish alot,so it would be for looks more than off roading. i really dont want to get into steering components, longer drive shafts, brake lines, ect. want it to look nice but not cost a arm and a leg.

lol i've searched and read so much I think immore confused now than i was when i started.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
how much money are you willing to spend?
not wanting to go over $1000.00 if possible (on lift)
Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treedawg37 View Post
should add that i dont do any serious off roading. I hunt alot, fish alot,so it would be for looks more than off roading. i really dont want to get into steering components, longer drive shafts, brake lines, ect. want it to look nice but not cost a arm and a leg.

lol i've searched and read so much I think immore confused now than i was when i started.
There ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Billstein 5100s up front, 5125 or 5150 on the rear and a AAL, block or full leaf pack on the rear depending on how much you want to spend.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treedawg37 View Post
not wanting to go over $1000.00 if possible (on lift)
toytec ultimate lift kit then. anything more than 3 inches will be more than $1000.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Toytec ULK is a waste of money. get the OME or just go with Billies.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
3" lifts suck off road IMO.

You loose down travel unless your going to upgrade the LCA's and UCA's and at that point you might as well just go LT or SAS
good thing hes not looking for off road performance huh....
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
3" lifts suck off road IMO.

You loose down travel unless your going to upgrade the LCA's and UCA's and at that point you might as well just go LT or SAS
That's why I don't think I'll lift. I'll get the better coilovers but I don't preload or I'll just level the truck out.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That's why I don't think I'll lift. I'll get the better coilovers but I don't preload or I'll just level the truck out.
Yeah that's me.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Yo bud, rough country!!! 3" lift, threw it on mine, yes it is spacers, i know i know. Its easy to put on. blocks in the rear and BOLT on spacers up front, all otheres require a spring compressor and pulling your coilovers apart. (not an easy backyard workers task) The rough country lift is cheap, easy, works and can be done in an afternoon. That being said its only $269 shows up at your dood and all ya need is a jack and some basic hand tools, maybe a case of beer!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
I has crazy azz preload yo

count them threadz....all three of them
Oh man. That spring is about to explode.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #19

thanks for the info. keep it comming.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #20

which lift would be best?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

and should i stay with the 16" WHEELS AND TIRES with this lift? or could i go up to 17"

thanks for the help