Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

OKay guys Horsegirl has status and needs quick advice:

Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
horsegirl is on a distinguished road
Name: Brit
horsegirl's Tacoma Gallery
OKay guys Horsegirl has status and needs quick advice:

Okay I just received an email from the seller, says he is stationed on FL and leaving soon for Afganistan.....Here is description of truck: 2003 Taco SR5 trd 4WD V6 Automatic, 130,000 no rust, 2 door he says the vehicle is being handled for him and buyer by AOL Autos Holding Agent which he has hired as a Protection Program offered by AOL Autos for protecting buyers and sellers. He says he needs my full name, and address and phone number, he will then give this to the Holding Agent, they call and verify info, then I would have the sale price put in a Holding Acct. through AOL Autos when they receive they notify seller, he then fills out sales, title and all paperwork and the paperwork is then delivered with vehicle under insurance covered by him through AOL, once vehicle is delivered I have 3 days to inspect it and accept, once I accept it then the papers are signed and AOL will then release the funds to him...Does anybody know if this is a legit thing ...he's asking $2800. which is about what I really have to spend the pictures show no surface damage and interior in good shape not a clear shot of odometer so I sent him an email asking for Vin# so I could check it out on carfax....if I can't get a vin #, what do you all suggest? Thank you all SO SO SO MUCH!! Anxiously waiting to hear from you all!! Thanks again Guys
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a scam honestly. was this somethin you found on craigslist?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl View Post
Okay I just received an email from the seller, says he is stationed on FL and leaving soon for Afganistan.....Here is description of truck: 2003 Taco SR5 trd 4WD V6 Automatic, 130,000 no rust, 2 door he says the vehicle is being handled for him and buyer by AOL Autos Holding Agent which he has hired as a Protection Program offered by AOL Autos for protecting buyers and sellers. He says he needs my full name, and address and phone number, he will then give this to the Holding Agent, they call and verify info, then I would have the sale price put in a Holding Acct. through AOL Autos when they receive they notify seller, he then fills out sales, title and all paperwork and the paperwork is then delivered with vehicle under insurance covered by him through AOL, once vehicle is delivered I have 3 days to inspect it and accept, once I accept it then the papers are signed and AOL will then release the funds to him...Does anybody know if this is a legit thing ...he's asking $2800. which is about what I really have to spend the pictures show no surface damage and interior in good shape not a clear shot of odometer so I sent him an email asking for Vin# so I could check it out on carfax....if I can't get a vin #, what do you all suggest? Thank you all SO SO SO MUCH!! Anxiously waiting to hear from you all!! Thanks again Guys
ABORT, ABORT. i wouldnt. sounds too fishy!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check to see if this AOL holding thing is real? It does sound very fishy to me though. 2003 for 2800 sound cheap as well, especially for a 4 x with a v6... My advice is run
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
To complicated for me........I would just find one local.

Oh an Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I'd avoid that

see it. touch it. drive it. buy it.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
2800?

Total scam, run!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
scammer. too good to be true. ive found a few of those on craigslist. report it to get it removed
Old 06-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #11
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Scam but u can try it out
Old 06-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
I personally would do some research on the AOL part and have a mechanic put the truck on a hoist to look at the undercarriage. Hope all checks out well.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
blackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
blackwidow2009's Tacoma Gallery
TOTAL SCAM!!!

GET AS MUCH INFO FROM HIM AS POSSIBLE...HIS PHONE NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDY, AN ADDRESS, THE VIN TOO WOULD BE GOOD, AND THEN CONTACT THE FBI!!!

i'M SERIOUS. THE FBI DEALS WITH WIRE FRAUD, AND THIS IS "WIRE", NOT JUST PHONE BUT INTERNET TOO!!! tHEY WILL INVESTIGATE, MAYBE EVEN PRETENT TO BE A BUYER TOO AND GET HIM.

IF YOU DON'T TURN HIM IN, HE WILL GET OTHER PEOPLE, NOT JUST ONE, BUT MANY!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
horsegirl is on a distinguished road
Name: Brit
horsegirl's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all so much for your replies....I will definately not be doing this and I will see what else I can get from him and contact authorities on this end. However if he can give me a Vin# and I can check it out and what he has said checks out and I can find out if the AOL Autos is legit only then would I move forward but at this point that doesn't seem likely so thank you all so much and I will hopefully find something I can afford. Britt
Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidow2009 View Post
TOTAL SCAM!!!

GET AS MUCH INFO FROM HIM AS POSSIBLE...HIS PHONE NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDY, AN ADDRESS, THE VIN TOO WOULD BE GOOD, AND THEN CONTACT THE FBI!!!

i'M SERIOUS. THE FBI DEALS WITH WIRE FRAUD, AND THIS IS "WIRE", NOT JUST PHONE BUT INTERNET TOO!!! tHEY WILL INVESTIGATE, MAYBE EVEN PRETENT TO BE A BUYER TOO AND GET HIM.

x2. but i guarantee that if you ask for all the info, you wont hear from them ever again!!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Scam
Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
2800 for a 10k dollar truck?? C'mon now. Holding agent, deployed, et, any of that screams bs. I hope this seller gets a bullet in his face.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidow2009 View Post
TOTAL SCAM!!!

x3!! do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
2800 for a 10k dollar truck?? C'mon now. Holding agent, deployed, et, any of that screams bs. I hope this seller gets a bullet in his face.
and i was thinking this. this smells so fishy i can smell it thru my computer!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #20
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
NO SUCH THING AS AOL AUTO AGENT, same goes for the yahoo and google auto agent/ auto warehouse, shipping yard. bs.