Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Horsegrl here again...new update

Old 06-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
horsegirl is on a distinguished road
Name: Brit
horsegirl's Tacoma Gallery
Horsegrl here again...new update

Good morning guys, I'm getting this sounds like it could be a scam so I did ask for vin# and I got it...also going to check out vin# and check and see if this company AOL Autos is legit....he also said he and his wife got the truck from his father in law who was original buyer and he is second and then is getting shipped out (he just left my area for FL and going to Afganistan on July 10) so still CAUTIOUSLY looking,,,if i can't find AOL info or Vin# shows diff. info I am def. sending this to FBI for scam protect. for others...will keep you updated~

OKAY GUYS, Just got the Carfax report, truck was purchased in 03 by a doctor and owned by him until 10 mo ago and it was sold to person now trying to sell, carfax is clean in every area...is this a blessing since Carfax validates what this guy has told me...my carfax says to print it out and take to vehicle inspection...next I need to figure out if this AOL Autos Agent is real and try to find a way to contact....the carfax did note that the truck is a 3.4 engine so not sure if this is still okay will pulling trailer & I would love to buy newer and a diesel but as I'm 17 money is really limited....Okay so this is what I know so far...will keep check your help and keep you updated... Thank you again, guys!!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
it's 100% scam. trust me. I see this on cl every day.
Does he give a gmail addy by anychance?

Where you at in indiana? I'm from bloomington working in SC. Don't forget to hit up the indiana thread if you havn't already. GL with finding a truck.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
they could give any vin.they even use real peoples name from the military in case you google them.buy local and in person.the only way to be safe. as far as fbi,its a waste of time.my buddy got 3 fake checks for assholes online when selling his truck.his wife is a US marshel and they were told there is way to many scams and not enough people to go after them all.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
$2800 for a 2003 tacoma 4x4. Really. Cmon man, think.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
$2800 for a 2003 tacoma 4x4. Really. Cmon man, think.
It's always around $3k cuz it's not enough money for them to investigate
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Someone said it in the other thread.
See it, feel it, touch it, drive it, buy it.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Someone said it in the other thread.
See it, feel it, touch it, drive it, buy it.
or never buy something from someone you cant punch in the face
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
okay added the website for delivery of car at bottom of first post today....this is exactly as seller stated to me in his first email and I located this vehicle on auto trader truck online...his email and sending url has always stayed the same....now what?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Your joking right?

Now I sense a troll.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
or never buy something from someone you cant punch in the face
This^^^

Do you have a link to the truck forsale ad??
Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Your joking right?

Now I sense a troll.
lol
Old 06-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #12
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
I got the dealer to give me $2K for a 95 4cyl Taco with 223K miles on it. I know its not the same, but $2800 for a 2003 .. no way
Old 06-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl View Post
okay added the website for delivery of car at bottom of first post today....this is exactly as seller stated to me in his first email and I located this vehicle on auto trader truck online...his email and sending url has always stayed the same....now what?
give him your ss# your mothers maiden name bank account info paypal email and password.do the same with your hubbys info.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #14
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
If it even remotely feels like a scam, it is.
If it seems too goo to be true, it is.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #15

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
You cannot buy a 2003 Taco SR5 trd 4WD V6 Automatic, 130,000 no rust, 2 door for $2800
This is atleast a $10k vehicle and you think you are going to get it for $2800?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
If it even remotely feels like a scam, it is.
If it seems too goo to be true, it is.
goo?????? eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #18
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
goo?????? eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
... Yeah... That what I said... And I DID NOT mean to say "good"

Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
OKAY, OKAY, OKAY, I get it...........I just so badly need to find something safe, and good and not a rust bucket that i can afford.....I guess my praying for a 'special something' to be a blessing to me, just isn't going to be this, obviously too many 'scams to trust any great deal these days'.....:-( Thanks guys and I will check around here...I just don't think I will find anything in my price this good....looks like I have to look for an older, bigger, 8c, that will cost an arm and a leg for gas....ugg, this is depressing...if anyone has any good finds my email is: imanaturalhorsegrl@att.net......thanks everyone for all your help.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #20
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck!