Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Thinking about getting a FJ

Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
Dental Floss Tycoon
swamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedswamppirate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TACP
swamppirate's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about getting a FJ

Went yesterday and test drove two FJ's...One with TRD the other without. Man those are pretty sweet SUV's....anybody have any feedback good or bad? They both drove well and had great pickup.
The dealer offered to buy my 1st gen. Taco for his son, according to him they don't last long on the lot.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my 06 Prerunner for a 2011 FJ in March. Since I never used the truck for a truck it made more sence to have the lockable storage. Out of the last 3 NEW trucks (2 Toyota, 1 Chevy) I've purchased this is the only one that continues puts a smile on my face every morning.

It's smooth, quiet, goes places on car tires it has no business being and gets 2mpg better than my Prerunner did.....
Old 07-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
ThunderBunny7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
ThunderBunny7's Tacoma Gallery
I have a modded 07 taco and the gf has a modded 2010 FJ and I always go for the FJ keys. Rides nice, looks good, more capable. I like it so much that I'm thinking about selling the taco and getting the FJ's bigger brother, 4runner trail
Old 07-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
Went yesterday and test drove two FJ's...One with TRD the other without. Man those are pretty sweet SUV's....anybody have any feedback good or bad? They both drove well and had great pickup.
The dealer offered to buy my 1st gen. Taco for his son, according to him they don't last long on the lot.
check out this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...rs-thread.html
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I would love an FJ too!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Do eeet!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I would love an FJ too!
I was in the same boat... wait til you get that shell, it's the best of both worlds! You get dry, lockable storage with the pick-up bed option when you need it
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
What are they offering you for your truck? Don't let this guy rip you off, you have a truck that is worth more than book value.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
FJs are badass!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
can't go wrong with an FJ. Do it
Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 10 Taco last yr and I was between it and an FJ. Since then I moved and have 2 dogs. I kinda regret the taco now. I cant keep anything in the back where I live now, and I travel a lot the dogs take up the back seat, its just kind of a pain. Im really considering a trade now. I dont really remember why I went with the Taco either. I bike a lot too and they make a rack for the spare tire, which is nice cuz I can still use the hitch and not take the front tires off and still have the space in the back.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I would have bought one if I didn't own my stupid quad that I never use anymore.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I would have bought one if I didn't own my stupid quad that I never use anymore.
I can think of a simple solution...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I can think of a simple solution...
Sell both? If I do I would end up with a fast car.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
TRD is 4x2 isn't it?
No. The TRD FJ is 4wd.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have any oppinions on how they compare as far as quality of ride and product?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
anyone have any oppinions on how they compare as far as quality of ride and product?
Ride is great and quality is top notch. There are some inner fender issues on the early one but I think Toyota may have fixed it.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Had an FJ loved it!!!!

Traded the FJ for a 20104Runner Trail Edition... Love that more!!!

Essentially the same beast except the FJ is built off of the Prado 150's 2 door frame and the 4Runner is built off of the Prado 150's 4 door frame. Same engine and trans as far as I know.