Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Dakota / Tacoma comparison

Old 10-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dakota / Tacoma comparison

http://autos.msn.com/research/compar..._649&GT1=22005
Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think there was a comparison...

The only think that the Dodge has is an available v8
Old 10-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I traded in my V8 Dakota 4 door sport for my Tacoma
Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a comparo.......
My 2004 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4 slt + Peice Of Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
A Dakota never even crossed my mind when I was in the market for a mid-size truck. But neither did any other trucks. I have owned a Dodge vehicle before though, but it was a Viper....not quite in the mid size truck category.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Beach Prerunner
TheOne is on a distinguished road

TheOne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post

I traded a 02 dodge quad cab 1500 v8 for the Tacoma more horsepower better gas mileage better ride smaller but just as comfortable.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i might consider one if it had a cummins, other then that i wouldnt waist my time
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Here is a comparo.......
My 2004 Dodge Dakota 4 door 4x4 slt + Peice Of Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....says the dodge owner....
Old 10-17-2008, 05:36 AM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
.....says the dodge owner....
My Dakota was 1 Pile-O-Crap.
My Ram, however has 177,000 trouble free miles.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:43 AM   #10
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My Dakota was 1 Pile-O-Crap.
My Ram, however has 177,000 trouble free miles.
Blasphemy!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Banned
nocarsallowed can only hope to improve
nocarsallowed's Tacoma Gallery
wow dodge covers the Dakota powertrain for life!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarsallowed View Post
wow dodge covers the Dakota powertrain for life!
Yeah, but its an inconvinience if you have to take it to the dealer every month.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
Banned
nocarsallowed can only hope to improve
nocarsallowed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, but its an inconvinience if you have to take it to the dealer every month.
Freaking LOL!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
I know it's not a Dodge truck thing, but my father in law had a 76 Plymouth Volare, kissing cousin to the Dodge Aspen (remember those kiddies) and the car, since day one leaked from under the dash board every time it rained.
I remember he went back and forth to the dealer and they wouldn't/couldn't fix it.
Anyway, since that leaking submarine of a car, no one in our fail ever bought a Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler product.
Just my experience.
Take it as you wish.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Traded in my 99 Dakota V6 for my 09 Tacoma V6. Best trade/purchase I've every made. I was constantly fixing something with my last truck.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #16
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
my cousin has had 5 dakotas they all blew up or fall apart he wont get a taco though cas he dosent want a rich burner!!! such hurtful words! but then again my taco lasted through all five of those dakotas......
Old 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
my cousin has had 5 dakotas they all blew up or fall apart he wont get a taco though cas he dosent want a rich burner!!! such hurtful words! but then again my taco lasted through all five of those dakotas......
My Tacoma is more "Made in USA" than My Dakota was.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #18
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my tacoma is more "made in usa" than my dakota was.
exactualy!!!!! But try to tell that to a die-hard chevy,ford,dodge fan....... I guess they are in denial haha
Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #19

Quote:
exactualy!!!!! But try to tell that to a die-hard chevy,ford,dodge fan....... I guess they are in denial haha
I actually did that a while back. I went and found out what parts of vehicles was made where. My "Made in USA" buddies were VERY disappointed to learn that most of their vehicles were built in another country. I even found out how much money from different vehicles actually made it to the USA.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You aint kidding.