Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED

Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Kolar is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED

My wife was driving when this happened. She was stopped wanting to turn left with her left blinker on when she was struck on the rear right of the 4Runner by a Chevy Impala This caused her to be pushed into on coming traffic and then was hit head on by an on coming Toyota Camry. This was a very nasty accident but my wife walked away from this unharmed. The 4Runner saved her life!!! The gentleman that hit her in the rear suffered multiple injuries and the lady that hit her head on may not make it outta this alive she is still in ICU to this day in critical condition.
Attached Thumbnails
July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0588.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0590.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0592.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0594.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0597.jpg  

Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Driver

This is the guys car that hit her in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0600.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0602.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit man...I'm glad your wife is okay and prayers go out to the others...

Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man glad to hear she is ok. The guy in the chevy must feel horrible for putting someone in the icu. Sorry about the 4runner.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
Head on driver and car

Head on driver and car. The paramedics are cutting this lady outta her car with the Jaws of Life she coded two times at the hospital before moving her to ICU. In lay-mans terms coded means Died!!!
Attached Thumbnails
July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0604.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0606.jpg   July 7 2011 the Day my 2011 Runner DIED-img_0608.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #6
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolar View Post
Head on driver and car. The paramedics are cutting this lady outta her car with the Jaws of Life she coded two times at the hospital before moving her to ICU. In lay-mans terms coded means Died!!!
Wow that is horrible man.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
We loved this Runner I am glad we had it though because it held up very well we will have another one after all this gets settled. Thanks for being concerned Guys.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
timbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimbo805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timbo805's Tacoma Gallery
prayers sent man...
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap!!!at least your wife is safe. Cars can be replaced
Old 07-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Kolar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Holy crap!!!at least your wife is safe. Cars can be replaced
That is exactly what I told my wife.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
Glad to hear she is ok. I did not watch the local news that night. Just found the incident on the KRIS site.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad your wife is going to be OK...sad for the other driver who is seriously injured, I hope she pulls through.

This reminds me of a lesson my brother taught me when I was learning to drive. If I'm in the left hand turn lane, keep my wheels pointed parallel to the road until the light is green and I'm clear to go. This way if someone rear-ends me, I go forward, not into oncoming traffic.

I've done it religiously ever since.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolar View Post
This is the guys car that hit her in the rear.
It is not fair that this jackass gets to live while the lady in the other car might die.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Terrible to hear. Glad your wife, and the other guy are for the most part okay. Really hope the other lady makes it out alive and without any serious brain or bodily damage... very sad.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
It is not fair that this jackass gets to live while the lady in the other car might die.
hey no need for the jack ass, shit happens. hope everyone is ok

wrong section mate. this is for the tacoma x-runner
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I'm glad your wife is going to be OK...sad for the other driver who is seriously injured, I hope she pulls through.

This reminds me of a lesson my brother taught me when I was learning to drive. If I'm in the left hand turn lane, keep my wheels pointed parallel to the road until the light is green and I'm clear to go. This way if someone rear-ends me, I go forward, not into oncoming traffic.

I've done it religiously ever since.
x2
That is the one thing I took from driver's ed. And when the instructor slammed on the brakes and yelled at me when I failed to completely stop at a stop sign..

OP, glad your wife is safe. I pray for that lady in the Camry. Bummer about the 4runner, sad to see one go like that, but it did it's job.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #18
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hope everyone is ok....
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 AM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you’r wife is ok!!

and hope the other drivers get better. and the one driver makes it!!