Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

looking at tundra any advise

Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
looking at tundra any advise

I am looking at 2006 tundra dc 22000 miles. Anyone on here have a tundra also?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I had a DC 2004 four full doors. It was an awesome truck. I sold it with around 30k to get my tacoma but really liked it though it was much bigger than my needs. The taco fits me better.
In 2005 the tundra went to the vvti and the auto changed from a 4 to a 5 spd. There were some other subtle differences in like tail lights.
That mileage is pretty low for the model year.
Very smooth trans & rode awesome.
Big deep bed with 4 metal tie down points. Metal bed.
Power Full Rear Slider & super comfortable for 5 full adults to ride. The cabin was real roomy.
Parking was a pita and it did not fit in my garage at the time.
Also the small v8 4.7 did ok mpg wise even compared to my V6 4.0.
That is all I remember. Would buy another if it wasn't so big or if I had a growing family.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
tundra

thanks for your in put,I pulled the trigger on deal.I love my taco dc but wife wanted more room than the 93 4runner with two boys and 4 doxies this truck fit the bill.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosnut View Post
thanks for your in put,I pulled the trigger on deal.I love my taco dc but wife wanted more room than the 93 4runner with two boys and 4 doxies this truck fit the bill.

Congrats on the new tundra!
So you have the tacoma and your wife has the tundra?
Definitely more room than the 4runner & will ride very, very nice.
The two boys & 4 doxies will be riding in style. Oh you & your wife too!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosnut View Post
I am looking at 2006 tundra dc 22000 miles. Anyone on here have a tundra also?
I had riped a Rock on a thread. I put up a Raptor and the cost to build it to compete with it, than I ran into this one today. Took some pix. It had 305/55/20's
Attached Thumbnails
looking at tundra any advise-dscn4398.jpg   looking at tundra any advise-dscn4402.jpg   looking at tundra any advise-dscn4397.jpg