Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Ford & Toyota teaming up to build hybrid system

Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Ford & Toyota teaming up to build hybrid system

Interesting... Ford & Toyota are teaming up to build a hybrid system to power trucks & SUVS.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44227703...s-going_green/
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw it as well. Interesting.

Can't we just get a diesel option?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
wow, should be interesting
Old 08-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This will be very interesting.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting.... but would still rather see more effort in developing a diesel our trucks.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
If they did make a diesel tacoma it would probably sell better thank the gas ones. Is like volkswagens, you cant find used diesels and if you can they are crazy expensive because everyone wants one. 50mpg? ill take it. I think if they put a 2.5 or 3.0 diesel (cant remember the exact size) from a hilux, you would be looking at 30 mpg on the highway. Not to mention better towing, hauling, and so on.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Dunno if ya'll noticed, but while it said it would be applied to the F Series of Ford and the Tundra from Toyota, there was no love shown to the Tacoma.

Again this leaves me in a state of... WTF???
Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds interesting... anyone know how well the GM hybrid holds up? I think it's using the big block V8 and an electric system to work like the Prius. I haven't heard anything about it though other than what I found on GM's website. Hell, I've only seen one on the road!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
YEP...................I wouldn't buy it make a diesel already.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

True about the hilux diesels, those would be would be the best choice for our truck. Seems so simple, toyota should be able just to drop one in and away we go. I would hate to see how much bed space these batteries would take up..... full size tundra or f-series trucks or not thats also alot of added weight that goes along with them.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #13
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTacoma View Post
True about the hilux diesels, those would be would be the best choice for our truck. Seems so simple, toyota should be able just to drop one in and away we go. I would hate to see how much bed space these batteries would take up..... full size tundra or f-series trucks or not thats also alot of added weight that goes along with them.
It just seems like an idiot thing to do. Hybrids are stuipd. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!!!!http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ell-in-us.aspx
Old 08-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
It just seems like an idiot thing to do. Hybrids are stuipd. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!!!!http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ell-in-us.aspx
link wont work
Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #15
Dangerous

http://www.lewrockwell.com/peters-e/peters-e16.1.html Another one. FUCK YOU EPA.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i want a diesel in my 'coma. one day i will.
Dieseltoyz in AZ will do it for about 15K. Not worth it in my book.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Dieseltoyz in AZ will do it for about 15K. Not worth it in my book.
thought they were in texas ?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
if it ends up like the prius system, wouldnt that make it suck for those that offroad? i couldnt imagine crawling up a steep rocky hill on electricity. . .
Depends on the specific system. Electric motors can produce some surprising torque!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #20
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTacoma View Post
x1

...or just bring the entire hilux over