1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me choose a used Taco or Pickup

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Phoriver, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Aug 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    Phoriver

Phoriver [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Soon to buy either a Taco or Pickup
    Hi guys, I'm a noob to trucks and buying them so please bare with me :p

I'm going to take a look at two trucks tomorrow

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...Other-Pickups-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ309621740

Email sent by seller when I asked about the shape of the frame:

I had the whole truck taken apart down to the frame it was scraped and wire brushed before it was primed and painted you will never see a truck in this good of shape.After the frame was painted new shocks and all new brake lines and fuel lines were put on it.I had bought another truck just like mine and the cab and box was taken off the other truck cause the frame was amazing.My cab and box sat on blocks while this was done.Then my cab was done over completely and the box also and was put back together then painted.This project started last June and was finally finished in November I did not drive the truck as it was and is amazing and I didnt want to start all over I wanted to keep it the way it was when it was finished.The 4x4 works fantastic.I have had this truck for many many years this last project cost me almost$5000 and thats with my husband helping to do the work.
    I have had many people in my area want to buy my truck BUT i dont want to see it once its gone.This truck will only be sold to someone not in my area. Thanks for your interest but you will not be disappointed.I want something that i will drive all year round as I feel its a shame after all the time and money in this job to drive it in the snow.
    Deana

The sentence in bold worries me a little.. maybe it's legit or maybe they don't want someone they know to have a truck that's ready to need some serious work.

Apparently the engine, frame, and "a few other parts" are from another truck that only had 160,000km on it.

and

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...Toyota-Tacoma-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ299641448

I just saw this today and looks like a great truck.. I do like the Pickups more than the Tacomas but it is much newer, US truck and has low KM..

I would prefer the 4-cyl for the better gas mileage and reliability.. power isn't really a big concern for me at the moment.. I would however be looking to get some bigger tires on it and have it lifted once I have some money maybe next summer.

The other thing:

What should I look for on the walk arounds and test drives? Anything specific to these trucks?

Products Discussed in

To Top