Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Playing in snow!

Old 11-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Playing in snow!

Starting to get a little snow here in the mountains so yesterday the wife and I went and played
Attached Thumbnails
Playing in snow!-snowytruck1.jpg  
Old 11-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. No hood scoop... hmm. I canít wait for my truck to be delivered and for the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward for snow. We get it pretty nasty over here and further North at our weekend home, knee high snow fall is very normal. I've never driven a pick-up truck let a lone rear wheel drive. So, I have to thread lightly for a while.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nope no hood scoop for the TRD Offroad's only the TRD Sport's and Xrunners
Old 11-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Banshee nice looking truck, is that a lid on the bed ? or is it just filled with snow.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03coma View Post
Banshee nice looking truck, is that a lid on the bed ? or is it just filled with snow.
It's a lid, ARE LSII
Old 11-12-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...thats the same one I have on my Taco. Did you get the optional keyless entry? those lids keep everything nice and dry.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
The TW 1%
No on the optional keyless entry, didn't really see a need for it. They are really nice lids.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
archer of loaf will become famous soon enough

archer of loaf's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to archer of loaf Send a message via Yahoo to archer of loaf
thats near whistler BC, the snow was like wet cement and horrible to drive in. i tried the rear diff locker. zow, that is something not to be played with!

happy trucking.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #10
MapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura about
MapMasterG's Tacoma Gallery
Brrrr

Reminds me of when I lived in Vermont... I had a '78 Jeep Wagoneer with a V8 360 and quadra-trac...oh when gas was $1/Gallon . It does look fun though. Although I wouldn't trade it for four-wheelin in the pineapple fileds on Maui...all I want to scrape from my windshield is mud! It does bring back memories though...i always loved the first snow...then got pretty tired of it.
Your Taco looks cool though!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
i like these pics. i would like to take my truck to play in this kind of weather someday. but i like it here better in florida living close to mickey mouse :0)
Old 11-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #12
archer of loaf will become famous soon enough

archer of loaf's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to archer of loaf Send a message via Yahoo to archer of loaf
the snow is fun as along as it is on the mountains. lol.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #13
dibsen is on a distinguished road

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
Is the ELD something that can be picked-up after market, maybe from the dealer?

Thats an option I would love to have.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #14
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

You have to compare prices on other dealers, if you like to save some cash. I have an rt extang and it works great for me.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #15

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
You have to compare prices on other dealers, if you like to save some cash. I have an rt extang and it works great for me.
What did that cost ya?
Old 11-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
MapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura about
MapMasterG's Tacoma Gallery
eld install?

Can you get the ELD installed afterwords or does it have to come from the factory? I was limited to the options on the lot because I bought an '06, but I would like to get the ELD at some point... it's fairly high on a list that's growing longer of stuff I want to add.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #17

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
electronic locking differential

I'm a big perponent of TLA's... Three letter accronyms
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #18
it's all about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibsen View Post
What did that cost ya?
$248 it was a b-day gift for myself. truck accessories.com
Old 11-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #19

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
$248 it was a b-day gift for myself. truck accessories.com
did you do the install your self?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #20
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapMasterG View Post
Can you get the ELD installed afterwords or does it have to come from the factory? I was limited to the options on the lot because I bought an '06, but I would like to get the ELD at some point... it's fairly high on a list that's growing longer of stuff I want to add.
Getting the ELD might entail quite some work (finding a TRD offroad rear axel) or you could go with ARB Airlockers. I haven't priced them but I figure it might be a little cheaper than finding and swapping out rear ends and running the wiring for the ELD.