1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Test drove a Tundra today.....

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by squad314, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Oct 29, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    .....for my father.He asked me to go see the guy who I bought my truck from because he doesn't particularily enjoy the dealership experience.He gave me his criteria-Base model work truck,4.7 reg cab 4x2,nautical blue.Some nice incentives on from Toyota Canada-$1000 cash and 1.9%,because these things aren't flying off the lot.He had an original Tundra in the same configuration when we built he and Mom's summer place.He claims it's to tow the new sailboat he plans on buying,...I think he just wants a new truck:D.

Nice truck and better featured than the first Gen Base model,but man are they big!.....I find my truck far more functionally sized and trimmed out for what I ask of it so it's really apples and oranges.What they have done,is made a very strong low-frills truck for the guy that wants just that.

2. Oct 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    Bassetdad

Bassetdad What if God Smoked Cannabis

Member:
    Harrison, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 De-Badged SR5 Access Cab 2.7 / 5m
    Access Tononu Cover AFE Pro-Dry S Drop-in Filter American Mag Wheels Bilstein 5100's Black Billet Grill Clear Taillights Perma-Tech sprayed Kennesaw Mountain Rear Bumper Michelin Tires PIAA Driving Lights PIAA Headlights Piaa Tail Light Bulbs Tinted Windows – 50% Toytech AAL URD Short Shifter Tranny - Mobil 1 Engine - Mobil 1 Custom Three Bike In Bed Rack New Toyota Undercoated Frame Clear LED 3rd Brake Light
    I agree, I think the Tundra is the best half ton truck on the market, but it's a BIG truck. I can understand why nobody is rushing out to purchase a new Tundra, or any other full size SUV right now. While I'm glad Toyota finally offers a good work truck, Being a first generation Tacoma owner I still prefer the look of the little truck. Since I only have 96,000 miles on her, I have high hopes of keeping my truck for another ten years.

3. Oct 30, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    i almost bought a Tundra 5.7 DC SB 4x4 but they are a little to big for my likings and cost considerably more at the time. im real happy with my Taco but i am extremely impressed with the capabilities and room of the new Tundra's.

Products Discussed in

To Top