1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SIL new to her Forerunner

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by hetkind, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Sep 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    hetkind

hetkind [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    I have been operating Toyota trucks and Land Cruisers going back over 30 years...and currently have an '11 Taco Access cab 4x4, six speed.

SIL shows up late Friday afternoon, as I am working up in the shop area with her lastest toy, a 90 ForeRunner, the first year of the new motor and body style...with the check engine light on.

Well, before it was time to break for supper, we pulled off the greasy, greasy bash plate, dropped it into the parts washer, changed the oil and filter (Castrol high detergent 15W-40 diesel rated truck oil and NAPA branded wix filter), changed the nasty gear lube in the meatballs, found an aircleaner looking like a black beehive, gave a eyeball to the front end and almost worn out BFG Long Trails, made her supper and sent her on her way.

Never did resolve the check engine light but the it sounded like either an exhaust leak or a failed oxygen sensor...I guess working on this piece of equipment will be a blast from the past.

I still like putting chevy six parts into the old FJ40's

Howard

Products Discussed in

To Top