Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

SIL new to her Forerunner

Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
SIL new to her Forerunner

I have been operating Toyota trucks and Land Cruisers going back over 30 years...and currently have an '11 Taco Access cab 4x4, six speed.

SIL shows up late Friday afternoon, as I am working up in the shop area with her lastest toy, a 90 ForeRunner, the first year of the new motor and body style...with the check engine light on.

Well, before it was time to break for supper, we pulled off the greasy, greasy bash plate, dropped it into the parts washer, changed the oil and filter (Castrol high detergent 15W-40 diesel rated truck oil and NAPA branded wix filter), changed the nasty gear lube in the meatballs, found an aircleaner looking like a black beehive, gave a eyeball to the front end and almost worn out BFG Long Trails, made her supper and sent her on her way.

Never did resolve the check engine light but the it sounded like either an exhaust leak or a failed oxygen sensor...I guess working on this piece of equipment will be a blast from the past.

I still like putting chevy six parts into the old FJ40's

Howard