Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Pickup Trucks.com compares the Tacoma to the Hilux

Old 10-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Pickup Trucks.com compares the Tacoma to the Hilux

I think they should sell both here.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/10...-vs-hilux.html
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I still like the Tacoma better, but it is hard to argue with all the additional options you get with the Helix. Did you guys read the comments, people suck, I wonder what thier idea of what a good looking truck is suposed to look like. Maybe they like the one built in Thailand or Africa better?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
The Hilux is an ugly turd
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery

They were even able to capture how much better the fuel economy is for the diesel than the gasoline engines!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
If I could take the turbo diesel and some other features and throw it in a tacoma itd be amazing, but the hilux by itself.... not so much
Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I actually like a lot of the design features of the Hilux. The Tacoma exterior does look more rugged but I wouldn't say better looking than the Hilux. I like the interior of the Hilux much better than the Tacoma, including the gauge cluster.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I actually like a lot of the design features of the Hilux. The Tacoma exterior does look more rugged but I wouldn't say better looking than the Hilux. I like the interior of the Hilux much better than the Tacoma, including the gauge cluster.
x2 for the Hilux. Agree with the not necessarily better looking statement too. Also agree with the interior of the Hilux statement.

The Hilux does look to be a lot more aerodynamic.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I do like the interior of the Hilux better than the Tacoma, but neither are particularly attractive from the outside.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #9
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
two words:

Running Boards.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to have the engine options of the Hilux but they can keep the styling. Looks kind of like a Camry/Tacoma hybrid. Both are good vehicles though.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I actually prefer the look of the hilux front end over the 2012 tacoma front end. IMO, the lower opening on the new tacoma's front bumper looks like over-collagenated puffy lips. The hilux looks like it got styling similar to a lexus front end. Not fond of faunky openings on a lot of the new cars/trucks front ends....like on all of the mazdas, kias & some of the vw's. The hitch and running boards on the hilux look hideous and trucks don't need the bottom of the front valance/bumper to be shaped like a spoiler unless it was on a x-runner or street version lower to the ground version. Don't really care for the interior or the back window on the hilux either.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #12
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a bunch of Ford/Chevy owners commenting on that article lol.

I wrote a big long paragraph about the Hilux vs Tacoma. But decided to just give the conclusion in the end. Hilux = car. Tacoma = truck.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Hilux interior + tacoma exterior, would be nice.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
two words:

Running Boards.
One word:

Ratchet.

I'm sure they can be easily removed, same with that big ass box beam hanging below the Hilux's rear bumper...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Look at what this asshole said on the first comment! (I copied and pasted it below) What a jackoff, anyone see Ford's redesigned Ranger? I hate to say it but it is awful looking! This guy is probably just another ignorant "buy American" type! This was a good read though, I would love to have a diesel Tacoma but that will never be an option here I doubt.

(Both are ugly,but the Hulix is a better looking truck !
Tacoma is the ugliest truck for many years,yes people buy them..but they also buy Cubes and Smart cars !!! People like ugly vehicles,as they look like their vehicle !)
Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Tacoma looks better, but the hilux is still an awesome truck
Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus that was the most fucking useless comparo I've ever read.

Aerodynamics? Styling? Gauge Differences?

Heaven forbid they write about something that means a fuck. Where are the engine comparisons? Transmission comparisons? Tow and payload capacity comparisons? Differences in frame and suspension engineering?

People really read that dreck? And at what claims to be a pickup truck site, no less, which should know better.