Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Possi burn outs help

Old 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Troyd is on a distinguished road
Troyd's Tacoma Gallery
Possi burn outs help

I have been messing around with my new 2011 tacoma off road, and i was just wondering every now and then in the wet, i like to screw around and whip out the back end and what not. It seems to me that the rear always opens up and blow a one tire fire. Is that just how the rears are in the tacos, I take traction control off when messing around like this, i hold it in also until the auto lsd goes off. Any input would help thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
The Off roads have open diffs when not locked, the TRD Sports are LSD and are great for laying down rubber, and SR5 models are open diffs as well
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All 09 and up diffs are open with the exception of the offroad model which has a locker but it is open when not locked.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyd View Post
I have been messing around with my new 2011 tacoma off road, and i was just wondering every now and then in the wet, i like to screw around and whip out the back end and what not. It seems to me that the rear always opens up and blow a one tire fire. Is that just how the rears are in the tacos, I take traction control off when messing around like this, i hold it in also until the auto lsd goes off. Any input would help thanks
That is the way of an open diff.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Are you doing this on public streets?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
All 09 and up diffs are open with the exception of the offroad model which has a locker but it is open when not locked.
really no more LSD? I didn't know that.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Yup. They all use the brakes now and it works great when offroad but it blows for normal wet street driving. Even just a hair of gas around a corner will spin one tire and trigger Michael J Fox.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with 09+ it just uses your brakes. There is no more mechanical LSD.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Are you doing this on public streets?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8t3...eature=related
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
Troyd is on a distinguished road
Troyd's Tacoma Gallery
i see..... hmmm that kinda stinks
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup. They all use the brakes now and it works great when offroad but it blows for normal wet street driving. Even just a hair of gas around a corner will spin one tire and trigger Michael J Fox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
with 09+ it just uses your brakes. There is no more mechanical LSD.
oh ok. I obviously dont keep my 2nd gen knowledge up to date lol

and chris is about to smack down this thread...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

and chris is about to smack down this thread...
that's why i qued the jaws music. . . . . . ibtl
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #13

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do the anytime locker mod. Then you can burn some rubber when ever you want.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
I don't see how it stinks since it isn't a sports car.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #15

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't see how it stinks since it isn't a sports car.
it is a race truck.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
it is a race truck.
For the world's slowest race. Braaaaaap!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #17

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For the world's slowest race. Braaaaaap!!!!
Try Fiat 500s, did that on GT5 (or what ever my room mate has) and it couldn't make it up some hills and I got stuck in a valley.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Try Fiat 500s, did that on GT5 (or what ever my room mate has) and it couldn't make it up some hills and I got stuck in a valley.
I dare not play GT5 only Forza 4.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #19

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dare not play GT5 only Forza 4.
Not my PS3, and rather spend money on Taco.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Yall sure the Sports don't have the same LSD from the 05-08 tacos?