Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

BlueTooth on new Tacoma

Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
TacoTut is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
TacoTut's Tacoma Gallery
BlueTooth on new Tacoma

I'm having trouble connecting my iPhone 4 to my new Tacoma.

No problems pairing it has an audio device to play iTunes through the speakers and control at steering wheel.

Problem is I can't pair it as a Phone.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
sledgehammer.... best solution ever...

Joking

check bluetooth settings in iphone for call settings?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
MBRGuru is on a distinguished road
MBRGuru's Tacoma Gallery
Were you ever able to get it paired for phone? Are you seeing an error message?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Mitch658 is on a distinguished road
Mitch658's Tacoma Gallery
I would go back and let my salesperson do it..
Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Rain is on a distinguished road

Navy: Radarman
Name: John
Rain's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Toothache!

Thought I'd post here instead of starting another "Bluetooth Problem" thread.

I have a 2011 Tacoma and a Samsung Infuse 4G. They are both great (especially the Tacoma) but they don't play well together!

It is easy to set up and get paired. Problem is, they lose connection and I have to pair several times per week. It only takes a couple of minutes, but it shouldn't be that way. Dealership can't figure it out. When I try to use it I get a "Not Linked" message. If I try to select phone it can't find the phone, even though when I have it "List Phones" it is there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Ok

Your not going to like what i say but here it is.

In both instances.

Try another phone. If it works ok ,it's the phone.
It does not make a difference if your phone is on a stupid list or not.
E-tune is even worse.

One of the service writers has his phone paired to like 15 different cars..

Always try another phone before you waste the dealers time.

Dropping your pair and error messages in every instance we have had is with the phone.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #7

Rain's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good Mike. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Sounds good Mike. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Give us a report back.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
Bayrider is on a distinguished road
Name: Kal
Bayrider's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTut View Post

No problems pairing it has an audio device to play iTunes through the speakers and control at steering wheel.

Any suggestions?
Did you ever resolve pairing problem. I had someone under 40 pair mine as I was not able to grasp what the heck the Toyota manual was saying. Even the , person doing the set up had trouble,especially when it came to entering names and nos. I bought my wife a Blue Ant Blue Tooth unit for her Avalon and it literally took 5 mins. It downloaded the entire phone book in 10 sec. and has worked beautifully since. I live too far from the dealer to have them set it up but if that is the only way................ Let me know if you found the magic touch.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #10

Rain's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't resolve it, but I did find out that it is the phone, not the truck. And I've gotten very fast at re-pairing, to the point that it is almost a non issue. Apparently, all Samsung phones are experiencing the same issue, but I like my Droid enough that I'm willing to put up with it. What phone do you have?

Thanks for asking.

BTW, being under 40 would probably make a lot of things easier/better! ☺

Let me know if you are still having trouble and I'll a step by step process.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #11
Bayrider is on a distinguished road
Name: Kal
Bayrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
I didn't resolve it, but I did find out that it is the phone, not the truck. And I've gotten very fast at re-pairing, to the point that it is almost a non issue. Apparently, all Samsung phones are experiencing the same issue, but I like my Droid enough that I'm willing to put up with it. What phone do you have?

Thanks for asking.

BTW, being under 40 would probably make a lot of things easier/better! ☺

Let me know if you are still having trouble and I'll a step by step process.
my phone is a LG Octane. Last week it lost pairing, voice on BT said cannot connect, check phone. I was not able to re-pair and just let it alone for a few days.. Yesterday I received a call and the darn thing fixed itself. Magic. This is the 2nd or 3rd time it has happened. I find the instructions in the Taco manual very confusing, even for experienced techies. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
birdsflysouth is on a distinguished road
birdsflysouth's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if your original problem (quoted below) has been resolved or not but thought I'd respond with a solution that worked for me (iPhone 4 / 2012 Tacoma).

If you have already paired your phone for audio, delete it.

Press the "Unhook" button on your steering wheel which will prompt setup of the phone.

Follow the commands and when prompted setup for internal audio.

This will allow both the phone AND audio to work.

I initially setup the bluetooth audio first and also had problems trying to pair the phone afterwards.

Setting up via the phone function resolved the issue for me.

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTut View Post

Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
Beaver is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Beaver's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck I had a Blackberry, it paired easily to my truck and had no problems. I quit my job and my phone went with the job. I've got a Sony xperia and can not make it work with my bluetooth in my Tacoma. I can play music from it but I can not use it to talk hands free. Any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the same problem as above. My iPhone 4s worked great then one day it wouldn't work...I can get it to play music via bluetooth but it is no longer working for handsfree. I have deleted the phone from the system and reconnected several times. Still no fix.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #15
neli2k is on a distinguished road
Name: Neli
neli2k's Tacoma Gallery
My iPhone won't connect with bt in my 2013 tacoma. In my truck radio I go to setup, blue tooth, registered devices, add new. Then I go to my iPhone, settings, Bluetooth, car multimedia, it keeps saying connection unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #16
Bamafever50 is on a distinguished road
Bamafever50's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure but I have th original iPhone tht connects with my new Tacoma. The audio will not sync up due to th g but th phone was simple. Make sure to enter the code for access on your phone if needed "0000".
Old 08-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #17
Robwmc is on a distinguished road
Robwmc's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 Prerunner SR5, I paired my phone and didn't realize what I was doing and setup Bluetooth audio. I was told I could plug in my Sony MP3 player in the AUX and then press the AUX and play the music. Every time I push the AUX it wants to pair with a Bluetooth Audio device. Can I remove the Bluetooth Audio setup from my system? and How do I do that?