LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

My Toyota is gone :(

Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
My Toyota is gone :(

About 5 months ago I moved with the family to the east coast. I left my Truck with my dad to take care of. I signed the title to him so he could register it in his name. Being a trusting son I did. He called me a month later telling me that the truck wouldnt start and I was going to have to sell it. To make a long story short he sold it for $600 and he sent me a check. The truck was worth way more than that! The guy that came to get it looked at it and it started right up and to add insult to injury he drove it a 100 miles to his house! Now I am Toyotaless. Guess I am going to have to start the hunt again for anoter Toy. We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, but it isnt the same as my lifted Toy. Nothing beats a good Toyota!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
What?!?! Dude...I'm speechless.

Fink
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Something is not adding up here. How is your relationship with your dad now and growing up?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Something is not adding up here. How is your relationship with your dad now and growing up?

I really didnt want to talk to him for about 3 months. He knows nothing about cars. It could have been a blown fuse for all I knew. I have learned that I just cant trust my dad and with me being 2600 miles away plus him acting weird about my truck being there I had no choice. The truck would have just been trashed or hauled to a junk yard after he was done with it!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
What?!?! Dude...I'm speechless.

Fink
I am toooooo!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
tex41 will become famous soon enoughtex41 will become famous soon enough
Navy: PO2(SW/AW) Jack of all trades.
Name: Clint
tex41's Tacoma Gallery
oh HELL no....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Well sorry to hear! I'm just shocked, not just that he sold it, but for that little.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
MOTHER ing HOLE DAD!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at your age, this means he was older too. He probably used it as an excuse to "clean" up his house, figuring you weren't using it or wouldn't be back for it. Sorry you lost your truck. Is there any way that you can call the guy and tell him the situation? That he was not authorized to sell it?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
FOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud ofFOUR X FOUR DUDE. has much to be proud of
Name: Barry
FOUR X FOUR DUDE.'s Tacoma Gallery
Not on very good terms with Pops, obviously. Maybe he sold it for 5 grand and said he got 600 !
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just curious, how long were you planning on keeping it at Dad's house to where you needed to change it to his name?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Well sorry to hear! I'm just shocked, not just that he sold it, but for that little.

Yeah it was worth more than $600 especially with my new motor in it!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
MOTHER ing HOLE DAD!
That about sums it up! lol
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Looking at your age, this means he was older too. He probably used it as an excuse to "clean" up his house, figuring you weren't using it or wouldn't be back for it. Sorry you lost your truck. Is there any way that you can call the guy and tell him the situation? That he was not authorized to sell it?

It was more of a YOU HAVE TO SELL IT on my dads behalf. I wasnt given much of a choice. If I didnt, I wouldnt have got a dime for it and it would be sitting in a junk yard some where.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Just curious, how long were you planning on keeping it at Dad's house to where you needed to change it to his name?
I was trying to be a good son and since my dad has never owned a 4x4 in his life I figured Id give him the ownership feel. When we talked about it he was if you ever want it back I'll have it here waiting for you. At that time I wasnt worried about my own dad screwing me over. Lesson learned on my behalf.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #16

Oh that's awful...I'm so sorry about this. I wonder if there is any way to get a hold of the other guy. Maybe you can ask your dad for the guy's info, telling dad that you need to tell the new guy a few things about the truck. And if/when you get a hold of the guy, explain the situation - or perhaps find out if he did in fact buy it at such a low price. Maybe he has a heart and is willing to sell it back to you.

Why would your dad do this to you? What would he gain by this? Not meaning to be too personal, just wondering how he can be so cold hearted.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take my dad's shit and sell it if he did that.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Oh that's awful...I'm so sorry about this. I wonder if there is any way to get a hold of the other guy. Maybe you can ask your dad for the guy's info, telling dad that you need to tell the new guy a few things about the truck. And if/when you get a hold of the guy, explain the situation - or perhaps find out if he did in fact buy it at such a low price. Maybe he has a heart and is willing to sell it back to you.

Why would your dad do this to you? What would he gain by this? Not meaning to be too personal, just wondering how he can be so cold hearted.

My dad just doesnt care about to much. He's always been that way. As far as my truck goes I'll never see it again. I've come to that conclusion. The guy probably has it sold already too.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #19

Doesn't hurt to try.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #20
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'd take my dad's shit and sell it if he did that.

Yeah he talks about how my brother ripped him off for money and a deal is a deal. He needs to look in the mirror.