Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Does this RAV4 look girly?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
Name: pat
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
dont know if it looks girly or not my mother has a 08 in pearl white rides really nice thinking about getting my girl one
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would definately rock one might get my wife that or a cr-v
Old 11-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
It is pretty manly for a chick car.

I test drove the 6 cylinder, and that was crazy fast. I wanted my wife to get one, but she didn't like the spare tire on the back, so we ended up getting a CR-V.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I would definately rock one might get my wife that or a cr-v
The CR-V is really well priced and we've been very happy with ours. I like the interior more than the Rav4.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can get a really good deal my brother in law works for honda test drove it my wife loves it
Old 11-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
We use to have a CRV for a extra work car. Then my office traded that in and got a Rav4. In my opion the CRV isnt woth the gas in it. We use to have to push it out of the parking spot when we got a few inches of snow. Now with the Rav4 its not a problem. If head out for a smaller job and dont need the space i request the Rav4 instead of our work vans, It handles great to. I am use to trucks and bigger vans. So its nice to drive a smaller vehicle once in a while. I havent been in a car in probably 2 or 3 years maybe more. The Rav4 is the closest thing.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I already have the RAV4, I am just wondering if you guys think it looks girly?
you should get some face tattoos to offset the girly factor.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
One of my male co-workers drives it. I've seen girlier vehicles before. Like I said before, I don't care what it looks like because of how quick they are.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com

if you feel its not manly put some truck nuts on it lol, i would have no prob rolling that around the sport one looks really nice i wouldnt sweat it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I heard that with every purchase you get a years supply of Midol ? It's way too girly. Maybe you could have a garder from the R V mirror, or perhaps sport a giant rainbow in the back window.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha. or you could just get a bull bar on it and put some nitto Terra graplers on that sucker. chad, it looks okay. but i think you should buy that tacoma yall been lookin at instead.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
How about these specs of a Taco I just custom built...

Access Cab, 4 cyl., auto, Black Sand Pearl
SR5 Value Pkg, with Pwr stuff
6 cd changer and woofer
also includes back-up camera
Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
is that the 09? gotta make sure you get the trd package.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks more feminie than masculine. But hey - opinions are like buttholes, right? Everyone's got one, and some stink.

My buddy is getting on in black but he's going to put a black brush guard on the front, put black wheels on it and tint the glass.... it'll give it a shot of testosterone.....

They're really nice and I've driven one. My wife drives an FJ Cruiser - we went around and tried everything - the Pilot, CR-V, Rav-4, Highlander, and when she saw the FJ she was DONE.

Just my opinion on the girliness question. Please don't take offense....
Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #19
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Exclamation Oh hell no...

There is not a damn thing girlie about that 3.5L V6. My wife's 06' RAV4 Sport 4WD V6 can accelerate much faster than my Tacoma. The guy at the local dealership was ashamed to admit that he had been spanked by a RAV4 just like hers while he was driving a 5.7L Tundra.

That engine is awesome in whatever car you put it in...

Lexus IS350 (05+ FSE version - same block different injection system)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GR_engine
2GR-FE

The 2GR-FE is a 3.5 L (3456 cc) version. Bore remains at 94 mm but stroke is reduced to 83 mm. Reported output varies depending on the vehicle application, but is approximately 268 hp (200 kW) at 6200 rpm with 248 lbft (336 Nm) of torque at 4700 rpm on 87 octane (R+M/2) or 280hp and 260ft of torque using premium 91 octane. This version features Toyota's "dual-VVT-i", variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams. Valves are driven by roller-follower rocker arms with low friction roller bearings, and a unique, concave cam lobe design to increase valve lift over the traditional shimless lifter type system of the 1GR-FE. This increases overall cylinder head height to accommodate the slightly taller roller rocker system. Moreover, the cylinder head is segmented into 3 parts: valve cover, camshaft sub-assembly housing, and cylinder head sub-assembly. As such, this valvetrain is used across all other GR engines with dual VVT-i.
Applications: