LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

747 full of bulletproof Hilux's

Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
schleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really nice

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
747 full of bulletproof Hilux's

Just took these to Afghanistan via Hahn, Germany. Total of 14 Hilux's and 1 Landcruiser with bulletproof glass. All brand new

Each Hilux weighed 7000lbs. The Landcruiser was 9000lbs. Looks like the leaf springs were beefed up and all had heavy duty shocks. I couldn't tell the name brand of the shocks.

I got a quick shot of the inside w/o getting in trouble. These doors weighed a ton.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, still have super ghey chrome handles and mirrors though.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
F'in sweet! They for Military use I'm assuming?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Intersting that the door jams are linex'd
Old 12-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
schleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really niceschleygo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
The glass was 4 inches thick

I was talking to some of the DOD guys. They said they hated these things during the summer because you can't roll down the windows. He said the Toyota's AC could not keep up w the heat. So you are literaly cooking in there.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why wouldn't the AC keep them cool? I mean I know it gets hot there, but I've had my 10 year old 4Runner in 115 degree temps and my AC kept me nice and frosty.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Just took these to Afghanistan via Hahn, Germany. Total of 14 Hilux's and 1 Landcruiser with bullet resistant glass. All brand new
fixed
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
fixed

Agreed. Nothing is bulletproof.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post

Group Buy on the bumper?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I don't think it's line-x. I've seen bullet resistant body armor that's very light weight that has the same texture.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Skewp
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #13

Skewps deflect bullets.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Skewps deflect bullets.
I thought they caught incoming bullets and returned fire as laser beams? I'm sure there was a thread about that.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #15
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
nice they are rocking arb's lol they more than likely line-xed underneath as well paxon is mixed with line-xtra to form a barrier that is highly resistant to concussive forces ie, bombs.

i have been looking around and calling different people at both line-x and other companies trying to gather as much info as i can before i have them spray my whole truck in that shit.

the line-xtra with like 40 mils of paxon underneath it is the way to go
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery

I knew it, I JUST knew it!! Plastidip is tougher than all y'all thought!! (With a crazy door handle to boot!)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Its really cool that we get a sneak peek!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #20
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
why do the hilux's fender/body lines look so much different then the tacos?
Maybe because they're different trucks?