1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1985 1 Ton

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Goflight2, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    Goflight2

Goflight2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern Cal
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2011 4x4 LB
    TRD Supercharger Snug top SL Window Tint 5% rear, 35% front, 40% windshield Avid Off Road bolt on sliders Andres Toyota Horns Hard-wired Garmin Nav Weather Techs 5100's in front Rear TSB Bed Extender OEM Roofrack TRD Exhaust Ultra gauge 18" Monster XD's on Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Thought I would share this picture I just found. This was my first truck. (actually, my Dad's!) It was a 1985 1 ton. I remember going with my Dad when I was 15 to buy it. It was like $7800 OTD. I remember my Dad being so mad when they tried to charge him $230 for the digital clock! He walked over to the parts dept. and it was like only $30. Back then, he worked for a Coors Beer distributer in Santa Fe Springs, CA. To buy his truck, the owner would give him the cash, then deduct it out of his check. Ahhh, the good old days! This was the truck I learned to drive on. Had some fun, life changing times in that thing!!! Anyway, thought you guys would enjoy!
    BTW, the fifth wheel was a 17' Komfort Lite. Towed it pretty easily, as best as I can remember!

1985 Toyota.jpg

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    I have a friend that had a diesel one. Those Toyotas were tough.

Products Discussed in

To Top