Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

toyota pickup help

Old 02-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
mickyd9990 is a jewel in the roughmickyd9990 is a jewel in the roughmickyd9990 is a jewel in the rough

Name: marc
mickyd9990's Tacoma Gallery
toyota pickup help

hey guyslooking for some help.. im driving a 1989 toyota pickup sr5.. i have an "E" light on my dash.. about an inch to the left of the high beam signal.. have not found an owners manual yet.. can anyone lend any info on what the "E" stands for?? im thinking e brake and maybe the rest is out?? thanks..
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it's for the Emergency Brake. Play with the handle ands see if it goes off. Check the brake fluid too. Do you have a seperate brake indicator?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
jrider636 is on a distinguished road
Name: justin
jrider636's Tacoma Gallery
shouldnt be the brake. my old yota would actually light up the work "brake" if the e-brake was on. no help as to what it could be tho
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Erg? For evaporator recirculate , fuel sys thing? Had an 87 Subaru that need one of those repaired.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked in the owners manual to my 92 sr5... I don't know if the 89s and 92s are the same, but in order from the high beam light moving left: high beam light, 4wd light, brake warning light, seat belt light, rear antilock brake warning light. Don't think that helps much though... Haha
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
ill go look in my truck and be back in a minute
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
i just checked and the break light is about an inch to the left of the hi beam but mine doesnt have a e it just says ((break)) like that
Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
mickyd9990 is a jewel in the roughmickyd9990 is a jewel in the roughmickyd9990 is a jewel in the rough

Name: marc
mickyd9990's Tacoma Gallery
ok sorry to leave everyone hanging.. i have an update.. as i continued to drive my truck around i could start to see another letter appear.. the more i drive the further the piece seems to vibrate over.. well it seems like someone put a piece of paper in there to cover the light before they sold it to me.. so it ithe the brake light and i was just seeing the last e.. ill have to dive in to that tomorrow.. hopefully just low brake fluid.. but have a feeling if someone went through the trouble to cover the light it must not be an easy fix

wish i still had this guys number to ask why theres paper covering the light.. its prob a pain in the balls to pull the whole dash apart to get it out of there..

thanks for the responses..
Old 02-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
soon to have a 3.4 tacoma
tskr11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tashone
tskr11's Tacoma Gallery
There's a lil notch on the end of the ebrake rod that hits a button when its all the way pushed in so it the light doesn't come on, and maybe the notch is missing the button...that's how mine was an never bothered to fix it lol crawl under the dash an check it out