Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2007 Toyota Tacoma. I need a compatible power tailgate lock, any recommendations ?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
KLynita is on a distinguished road
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
Red face 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I need a compatible power tailgate lock, any recommendations ?

I'm trying to find a power lock for my boyfriends tailgate for his birthday,
he just installed his tonneau cover so I thought it would be cool if he could secure the stuff in the bed.

when it comes to figuring this stuff out, I have some trouble. ( as much as I wish I was, I'm not a car person) so Id love some help guys !

Also, if anyone has any other additions for this make and model that would be a cool gift please feel free to add your input !

Thanks so much !
Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
hmm I was looking at that brand and the site said it was only compatible with 09's-12's.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynita View Post
hmm I was looking at that brand and the site said it was only compatible with 09's-12's.
They have a separate model that works for the 05-08, that's the one I linked.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
I stand corrected, that site is better than the one I was on.

I noticed some have cameras and some dont.. what other things do you need for the back up camera ? Im assuming some sort of an after market deck ?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I stand corrected, that site is better than the one I was on.

I noticed some have cameras and some dont.. what other things do you need for the back up camera ? Im assuming some sort of an after market deck ?
The backup cameras from the factory are only on the 09+ and are built into the tailgate handle. The display is on the mirror.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, alright. Well, shows how much I know :P

So with the Dynolock, do you need to purchase any additional parts or is it all included ?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, alright. Well, shows how much I know :P

So with the Dynolock, do you need to purchase any additional parts or is it all included ?
It is all included. It takes an hour or two to install, but once done it works with the factory keyfob.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks so much KPT !!! Your advice is superb. I have just placed my order with Dynolock, they owe you one
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
KLynita's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks so much KPT !!! Your advice is superb. I have just placed my order with Dynolock, they owe you one