Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Maintenance Logs

Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Question Maintenance Logs

Anyone know of a good website or software that can track all the service and repair work completed on your vehicle? There are a few decent pay sites, but I'd like to find something for free
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a palm unit there is one called autobase. I have version 1.3.2 with a copyright of 1999 installed on my Garmin Ique 3600 palm based GPS unit.

It tracks milage, reminds of oil change, service reminders, tire rotations, and lets you track the costs and such for all of them and then export it to the memo pad in the palm from where you can print it out.

If you are interested I'll see if I can find the original install file, but it may take me a bit since I think it's on a zip disc which will require me digging out my old PC which had a zip drive to access it.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
isusww is on a distinguished road
isusww's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
If you have a palm unit there is one called autobase. I have version 1.3.2 with a copyright of 1999 installed on my Garmin Ique 3600 palm based GPS unit.

It tracks milage, reminds of oil change, service reminders, tire rotations, and lets you track the costs and such for all of them and then export it to the memo pad in the palm from where you can print it out.

If you are interested I'll see if I can find the original install file, but it may take me a bit since I think it's on a zip disc which will require me digging out my old PC which had a zip drive to access it.
I certainly appreciate the info, but I don't have a Palm unit. Thanks though!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Banned
COL. Daniel A. Ness is an unknown quantity at this point
COL. Daniel A. Ness's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=isusww;15482]Anyone know of a good website or software that can track all the service and repair work completed on your vehicle? There are a few decent pay sites, but I'd like to find something for free [/QUOT

Software to keep a log?

I make the mechanic sign off on what was done and get a dealers stamp. In China it is called a chop. If I do it I sign it.

The FAA requires a maintenance log for aircraft that is documented and signed. Why expect less than standard for Toyota. If they do work they should sign it off.

I have a complete log of everything that has been done to my 1992 BMW
R100R for example. The PA18 log is required but I also make notes in my log books.

I have a complete log on the `06 Taco. If the work was not done properly I know where to go.