Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Just got an FJ40

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an FJ40

I picked up an FJ40 today.

and before i get a TL;DR here's some pics.

[Don't mind the iPhone pics]

1972 Toyota Land Cruiser (FJ40)

There's a lot of krylon rattle can paint... Not worried about it though, no major holes or nothing in the body or frame, so even if he tried to cover anything up I plan on doing a frame off here soon to do it right. He said they used to have the diamond plating on the rear and he ripped it off to find a bunch of holes and he patched those up.

Original 3 speed transmission

Original F engine. After market carb set up; 32/36 webber.

I finally found one local to jump on for a decent price. Going to hopefully make a good project.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Good luck with the project.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Factory a/c and everything. The way the oil filter mounts in there is crazy. Clean looking engine

Brett
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Nice truck! Factory a/c and everything. The way the oil filter mounts in there is crazy. Clean looking engine

Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post

What kind of deal?
Yeah, i plan on cleaning it up a bit. I'm really glad i found this one here in hawaii, they go for quite a bit here so i was originally looking at getting on in CA for a lot cheaper and getting it shipped here. However this one came up on craigs list and i jumped on it. The seller wanted 6500 for it (it also has really clean original doors and the original top which is a little rusty) i offered 5500 for it because i expected the truck to be pretty rusty being here in hawaii. Obviously it's covered in krylon (all the black) but there are no major holes from rust or anything. After hearing the engine I he talked me up to 5900, worth it to me, there is no ticking and it sounds really clean.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it will be fun to cruise around.

Brett