Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Need help from all you Toyota owners!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
TacomaGirl is on a distinguished road
TacomaGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Need help from all you Toyota owners!

Hello,
I am very stuck on what to get my boyfriend for Christmas this year... and was in all hopes all you Toyota owners could throw me some ideas..

He just purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma extended cab.. has after market exhaust and looks great

Im totally stuck.. he has always drive Tacoma's and was curious to see if there is any "extras" i can buy for it.

thanks so much for the help!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
some SockMonkey decals.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
What does he use his truck for? Work? Off roading? Street truck?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGirl View Post
Hello,
I am very stuck on what to get my boyfriend for Christmas this year... and was in all hopes all you Toyota owners could throw me some ideas..

He just purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma extended cab.. has after market exhaust and looks great

Im totally stuck.. he has always drive Tacoma's and was curious to see if there is any "extras" i can buy for it.

thanks so much for the help!
3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s,
Total Chaos UCAs,
ToyTec diff drop,
Westin brush guard,
4 Hella 500FF lights mounted on brush guard,
Scangauge II,
4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat,
Painted engine cover,
Painted calipers (red),
Painted skid plate (red)
Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors,
Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors,
Kenwood DNX8120,
A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover,
All Pro sliders,
Wet Okole seat covers

This is what I did to mine - take your pic!

But, be warned - get him hooked to the mod bug and, well, don't say we didn't tell you so........
Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i'm thinking about getting a grill for my bfs truck...might be a good idea for you too, just depends on if he likes chrome or black
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What does it have already?

Some relatively inexpensive stuff...

Does he work on the truck himself? Get some hood struts.
Do you live in cold climates? Get some heated seats
Does he have an ipod? Get an ipod adapter for the truck
Stickers
Bed mat
Aftermarket horn
Floor mats

I can think of other stuff, but it's a bit on the 'more expensive' side.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 AM   #8
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Has he mentioned anything he has been thinking about getting himself? Pay attention in casual conversation if he mentions things he is going to do to the truck, while riding with him ask him what kinds of things he plans to do to the truck. Alot of it depends how much you are looking to spend and if he will like/want what you get. My BF and I tell eachother exactly what we want and that is what we get eachother for main gifts, other gifts come from hints in casual conversation.
I told him what stereo I wanted, showed it to him online, that is exactly what he bought me. He was looking at sale ads and saw a good deal on a TV, but said he didn't have the $ for it, so I went and bought it for us since I'd already bought everything he had asked for.

Keep us posted on what you decide, then get him signed up on here!
Also get some pics of his truck, we all like pics . Welcome to TW.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
Its a every day truck.. he uses it for hunting, to go to work, off roading
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a every day truck.. he uses it for hunting, to go to work, off roading

Off-road lights.....Cheap and easy mod that pays off.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
Thanks guys for the ideas! I'll deffinatly work on getting some pictures for you guys. I know its hard to guy something for a guys truck just like Phantom said, but atleast he knows I try! Ill let you know what I end up getting him.. this is the last gift I need to get .. and again I'll get some pictures.. thank you so much for the help!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
One thing I thought he had mentioned but I noticed most of all your Tacomas dont have is bug flector and rain guards... any reasons why you guys dont?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
I do and i love it !!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #15
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
how bout an alpine or pioneer stereo
Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One thing I thought he had mentioned but I noticed most of all your Tacomas dont have is bug flector and rain guards... any reasons why you guys dont?
b/c they are ugly!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
b/c they are ugly!
This is a fine example of and one thing i have gathered from this sight is that beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #18
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
b/c they are ugly!
Huh??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
This is a fine example of and one thing i have gathered from this sight is that beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
Thank you!!
I think Weathertech floor liners or some have a preference for Husky liners.