Notices

taco's and tundras

Old 12-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
mkerros has a spectacular aura aboutmkerros has a spectacular aura about
Navy: aviation electricians mate 2nd class
Name: Mike
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
taco's and tundras

I was just wondering if any one else noticed this but to me the older tundras look like the 2nd gen taco's and not so much like a tundra.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
tundras are ugly.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
mkerros has a spectacular aura aboutmkerros has a spectacular aura about
Navy: aviation electricians mate 2nd class
Name: Mike
mkerros's Tacoma Gallery
That they are thats why i got my taco. The dealer tried to get me to get a 08 tundra but i wouldnt budge. And its only from the rear that they seem to look the same to me. And the older tundras seem to be smaller then the new ones do.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Someone I work with has an older Tundra, 03 I think. I parked my Tacoma next to it, and they are almost the same size. The Tundra was a little taller and wider, but the interior setup of the Tacoma is much nicer. The only thing I liked better on the Tundra was a bed light mounted with the high brake light. Nice touch that we didn't get.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I fail to see how a Tundra looks like a Taco.

I really like the Tundra as well. Until they did the refresh in '04 (or '05) I think, it got to "pretty" then. The new body style is badass.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Yup.
lol.

I'd say first gen tundras look like 1st gen taco's.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Park them side by side and the look like cousins.
Especially the 01-04's.

Never mind the ugly bug shield on mine...it's long gone.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
First Gen Tacoma = FGTA
First Gen Tundra = FGTU
Second Gen Tacoma = SGT

No cause the FGTU has round fogs like the SGT. The Bottom of the bumper on the FGTA is more defined than on the other two. The FGTA also has a vertical grill unlike the other two which have two horizontal bars.

Really, it's subjective, but myself, I still thing the FGTU and the SGT are more closely related personally.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #12
taco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura about

taco@you123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
tundras are ugly.
ur a dumbass, how r they ugly
Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco@you123 View Post
He is a dumbass for thinking the tundra is ugly? Its his OPINION!

But, I personally like the look of the Tundra.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco@you123 View Post
Yea dude. Seriously calm down there a little bit. But that is just my opinion of course.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, the tundra isn't that nice looking IMO.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
who cares what the tundra looks like...seriously...im pretty sure we all drive TACOMAS here and thats what we should be concerned with...driving the vehicle that we think is the best looking...

some people find h2s good looking...some people think 22" rims and rubber band tires on a monte carlo look good...

i like tacomas...we like tacomas...

dont bash someone just because they like or dont like a particular vehicle's stylings or design
Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Now read them there rights Tiger!! JK
Old 12-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go Tiger
Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...kind of.

There's an older Tundra that parks beside me at work. They're about the same height, width, length..... It's like the new tacomas morphed into the size of the old Tundras.

I can't say they look similar - but in size...Yeah, they are similar!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:28 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Question

GEN1 tundras 2000-2002 not really (square fogs more like its predasesor T100).
GEN2 tundras 2003-2006 alittle bit especially not a stepside.
GEN3 2007+ not really.

I had a couple of tundras, the 4.7 V8 with vvti (introduced in 05 Tundras) was the smoothest auto trans I ever drove.

My 04 DC Tundra which is now called the newer Tundra's crewcab was a pretty big footprint but length-wise it was the same as GEN2 Tacoma DC LB. The bed though was huge and deep. The biggest difference (besides the bed) I noted was inside the cabin, it was pretty darn roomy (not that the tacoma isn't, but that was how I felt owning both.

Both are nice trucks imo.