Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

T 100

Old 03-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
T 100

Is the T 100 a Tacoma? You sure don't see many of them around.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TOYOTA+T100
Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
its a tundra b4 the tundra was.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
But the original Tundra is now the Tacoma? Sorta?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't that the Terminator. If I'm not mistaken it is.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
I would day the Tacoma is closer to
The T100 than the Tundra. Both mid sized trucks right? I know the Tundra came from the T100.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Stew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to beholdStew is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stew
Stew's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota's first attempt at full-sized, 8ft bed with the drive train of a mid-sized truck (Tacoma/pre-taco). It was supposed to compete with the big boys but other than bed capacity and reliability it fell short. I could only imagine how sluggish the 2.7l felt in that sized truck.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
96+ tacoma none locking, 2000-2006 tundra, seqouia or whatever the spelling, and the t100 whatever years all share the same T100 axle. The trucks share many of the same parts.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Yup... The original "Tundra" was a "T-150" concept truck, and it was built on a T-100 frame.
Ford chimed in with their lawyers and the T-150 name was scrapped and they went with Tundra.

Bedliners and many other parts fit both the T100 and Tundra.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ OooooOooOOoOOo I get it now!! Totally makes sense. I've always wondered how they got the name T-100. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Yup... The original "Tundra" was a "T-150" concept truck, and it was built on a T-100 frame.
Ford chimed in with their lawyers and the T-150 name was scrapped and they went with Tundra.

Bedliners and many other parts fit both the T100 and Tundra.

Great Picture
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
Great Picture
Looks like it was taken with a cell phone, but considering that show was in 1998 and cell phone camera technology was about on the level of Fisher-Price... I would guess it was taken with something like a Sony Mavica.

But it was one of the better pictures I was able to Google.
Most of them were thumbnail sized. There used to be a LOT more out there that were a bit smaller, but clearer, and from many more angles including interior shots.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
is that color an option on tacomas? it looks brighter than the barcelona red....
Old 03-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
NEW YORK T100 is on a distinguished road
Name: Augie
NEW YORK T100's Tacoma Gallery
The T-100 was Toyota's first full size attempt. Back in the early 90's full size trucks made up about 40 percent of all U.S. car and LT sales. Toyota wanted in on the market share and gave us the T-100. At first it was a 4 cyl. regular cab and didn't fair very well.After a few years with some upgrades and the 3.4 V-6 it started to win some buyers away from the Big Three. However it was not quite a full size and lacked the V-8 power contractors wanted. Toyota still wanted to be in the game and gave birth to the V-8 Tundra in 2000. I myself purchased a new 97 T-100 Xtra cab 4x4 with the V-6. This was an outstanding truck for my needs as a homeowner. I haul all the time, and it gave very good M.P.G. as well. It was driven everyday for almost 14 years before i sold her and had no major problems. It was the last of the Trucks Toyota built in Japan and I have great memory of her. I now have a new 2011 Tacoma and look forward to the same fortune with it. Please see how she looked when I sold her. Pics in my gallery.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
is that color an option on tacomas? it looks brighter than the barcelona red....
Not sure.
I remember in the late 90s they offered some pretty bright red options.

For 1998, Colorrite lists the following reds for Toyota:
Super Red, Sunfire Red Pearl, Sunburst Pearl, Ruby Pearl, Renaissance Red, Radiant Red B/C, Prussian Red Pearl, Garnet Red Pearl, Dark Red Metallic, Cinnabar Pearl

Of those, Garnet Red Pearl, Radiant Red B/C, and Super Red are the brightest.

All may not have been available on a '98 Taco, but that's what Toyota had available in their factory paint shops and would most likely have been one used on a concept vehicle unless they went with a custom blend.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
.45%er

Army:
U think it would look good on a 2nd gen?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #17

Cop-catcher color, but sure, why not?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #18
.45%er

Army:
yes...well im not to worried about that......
Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #19

LOL! Ya...

The one Toyota color that always just bugged me was what they called "Coral".

My boss had a Tercel wagon in that color. I always used to piss him off referring to it as "Salmon Pink"
He swore it was an orange tone. Not to my eyes.

It was West Hollywood Pooftah Pink!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #20
.45%er

Army:
Lol, i only try and say basic colors. My wife"its indigo" . Me"no babe its blue, Indigo is a shade of blue, not a color" . So, what would coral be.....hummmmmmm. well, when i think of coral, the first actual color would be.......PINK. lol