Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Thoughts on the New Baja edition tacoma

Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery

Everyone must know about the Baja edition tacoma coming out this year; some saying that its toyota's feeble effort to compete with the raptor. So far I've found that it has Billies all around, the rear being remote reservoir oil shocks with 1" more of front travel, 1.5" more of rear, some sick looking graphics, and the TRD rims with BFG A/T's and come with the standard TRD package. Also the interior has been upgraded slightly. It will only be available with the V6 motor, with the option of the 5spd auto or 6spd maual, Extended or Double cab. I love the way it looks, but would definitely like it more if it was a little more built. At least make it higher off the ground to make it look more aggressive, maybe some 33's and even midtravel, but idk. I just know that if I got one the first thing I would do is lift it and get a bumper and some armor, but all in all i think its a sick looking truck and I can't wait to see them driving around. What does everyone else think?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks pretty good. Now depending on the price for it, I wouldnt spend that much more on it then a Sport or Off-Road edition model. Just cause its a special edition they are probably going to jack up the price like everything else.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
repost
Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
repost
Sorry, I never saw the original.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
repost
x10

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...baja-what.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...announced.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...a-edition.html

etc...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
highflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to allhighflyinmechanic is a name known to all

Name: Justin
highflyinmechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Everyone must know about the Baja edition tacoma coming out this year; some saying that its toyota's feeble effort to compete with the raptor. So far I've found that it has Billies all around, the rear being remote reservoir oil shocks with 1" more of front travel, 1.5" more of rear, some sick looking graphics, and the TRD rims with BFG A/T's and come with the standard TRD package. Also the interior has been upgraded slightly. It will only be available with the V6 motor, with the option of the 5spd auto or 6spd maual, Extended or Double cab. I love the way it looks, but would definitely like it more if it was a little more built. At least make it higher off the ground to make it look more aggressive, maybe some 33's and even midtravel, but idk. I just know that if I got one the first thing I would do is lift it and get a bumper and some armor, but all in all i think its a sick looking truck and I can't wait to see them driving around. What does everyone else think?

Pretty sure IMHO Id never spend that kinda money on some "Package" esp since you could buy a bone stock SR5 and build it waay cheaper and have it damn near unstoppable. I read an article in a toyota 4x4 mag. about the 2012 TX Pro edition Tacoma and they said it was a nice off road truck. But it was lacking in a 3" suspension lift, trail armor, and better tires than the rugged fails. So basically its just a minorly tweaked TRD Offroad with graphics and BFG AT's, wish mine had came with BFG AT's instead of these rugged trails.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. But I don't need one. Everything it offers I would end up replacing when I built a real rig to run anyway.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Im still trying to figure out the "TX" thing. It makes me think of Texas every time I see it.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
if you buy that then go off and buy a lift and armor your wasting your money. why not just get the trd OR then go out and buy the lift and armor. your just buying graphics and hype
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Im still trying to figure out the "TX" thing. It makes me think of Texas every time I see it.
x2
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery

If nothing else, the package is cheaper than building a real Baja Tacoma.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Dirty mall crawler

Oh, now I see there's a ton of threads on this I didn't know about. I've never deleted a thread or don't even know if you can, but can someone help me get rid of it so I'm not taking up space with a copy thread?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Oh, now I see there's a ton of threads on this I didn't know about. I've never deleted a thread or don't even know if you can, but can someone help me get rid of it so I'm not taking up space with a copy thread?
Yeeah dont worry about it. I was super excited too when I first saw it, "WHATA??!?! BAJJA??!??! The guys on TW Will LOVE this news!!!".....but nope.....they knew.....theyyyy knew.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Dirty mall crawler

Yea I started seeing it on supercross commercials and thought it was cool. I haven't had much to post about lately and hadn't seen on on this so I figured why not. They must've just been buried. But it more of a 2nd gen topic and I don't spend much time there so I could have easily missed it.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If you'd lift your own truck, you're not the target market.

Buyers are folks who want " out of the box" solution with no potential for problems.