Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Fog Lamps on or off?

View Poll Results: Foglamps on or off in clear weather?
Off 41 25.79%
On 110 69.18%
Never really thought about it 8 5.03%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #22
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have fog lights on my taco...but when I drive my moms sequoia I have them on because she never turns off her lights or her fog lights.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #23
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are always on... Has nothing to do with being cool, but more to do with saving my ass. It makes it much easier to see Deer and Elk lurking on the side of the road or behind the guardrail before they jump in front of me.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #24
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
I leave mine on when I'm driving regardless of weather / day / night. During the day, their primary purpose is safety. People are more likely to see you coming / less likely to pull out in front of you if you have some lights up front, and I don't want to drive around with my headlights on during the day, so the fog light mod was perfect for me. I also like the way it looks when it's closer to dusk.

Other than that, I like it. That's my opinion and the way I feel. You can debate right / wrong but you can't debate on how you feel, that's yours and nobody can take it away, LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #25
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
ON - It just looks cooler.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #26
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my tacoma because of the fog lights.... i like their coolness when "on"

LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #27
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i dont have fog lights :'(
Samesies
Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #28
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
personally im a fog off headlight on kinda guy, its eazier for me to just keep them on instead of having to worry bout turning them on before i go thru one of the area tunnels
Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #29
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I just put piaa 510s in my allpro bumper and I think they look cool as shit at dusk with headlights off, fogs on... So yes, I do it to be cool

Question: What is proper aiming for fogs? I feel like my stock fogs illuminated a wider peripheral.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
rockbug63 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: jet mechanic
rockbug63's Tacoma Gallery
No indicator light

I just don't get it, how can a switch for lights not have some kind of indication that it's on? All my other vehicles have some type of visual to let you know they are on.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #31
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
I hear what ya'll are saying about having them on to illuminate wildlife and road nearer to the truck and when I'm back home I certainly would do the same. However in the well-lit urban sprawl that is the LA basin I really only use for fog (of course) or twilight to help me standout as a moving vehicle -- much like some pilots will have strobes on while powered up on the ramp and then turn them off for taxi and run-up.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #32
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
i drive with them on, not because I think it is cool I just want to see ass much as possible.
So is this the view out your truck?

Attached Thumbnails
Fog Lamps on or off?-big_booty3.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #33
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
On when ever the low beams are on. Also put in 3K HID kit. I like the extra light at night.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #34
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
As conservative as I am, I keep them off unless there's inclement weather.

Don't want to burn the bulbs out faster than i have to.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #35
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
I always run with my headlights on in all my vehicles, day or night. It just so happens that the fog lights are wired in so I leave them on as well. With the Tacoma, they seem to be more effective that other cars I've had in the past and really brighten up the road.

On a side note, I took a required driver's safety course for work and they said that during the day, a vehicle driving with headlights or fog lights on can be seen 2-3 times farther away than a vehicle without lights on. Just an interesting note that I've always had in the back of my mind.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #37
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
I always run with my headlights on in all my vehicles, day or night. It just so happens that the fog lights are wired in so I leave them on as well. With the Tacoma, they seem to be more effective that other cars I've had in the past and really brighten up the road.

On a side note, I took a required driver's safety course for work and they said that during the day, a vehicle driving with headlights or fog lights on can be seen 2-3 times farther away than a vehicle without lights on. Just an interesting note that I've always had in the back of my mind.

And this is the reason that I never turn my head lights off. The minute I turn on the truck the headlights and fog lights come on day or night. I ride a motor cycle and recently changed over to an 8k hid kit. I have seen how it makes a difference. Fewer people have tried to pull out in front of me. So the rule goes the same for my truck.

You may think I'm being obnoxious but you saw me!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #38
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
i leave mine on in hopes of another tacoma owner seeing it and saying "how did he do that". Then he/she will search google, and find tacoma world. Theres another truck the same as mine I drive by every morning on the way to work and after about two weeks I noticed all of a sudden they had done the fog light mod.
mine on here all the time, sometimes at night without headlights, just parking lights when in the city or parking lot.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #39
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Always on at night. I'll turn on just the fogs when on the highway in the day time for DTRL's. Question, I know it kind of sucks that there's no indicator light for the fogs but come on? You can tell if your fogs are on at night!!! If you use them in the daytime, the switch stays pushed in!!! Not that hard folks. But I understand it does bug a lot of people.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #40
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
No dash indicator light- how frustrating

OK, to be honest I rarely know for sure if my fog/driving lights are on or off at any given time. I owe this frequent state of confusion to the engineers at Toyota for failing to put an indicator light on the dash, or at least illuminate the switch.

At night I can usually toggle them on and off a few times to figure out if they are or are not on (unless it's painfully obvious because I'm out in the darkness away from city lighted streets). Of course, this activity usually gets people to flash their headlights at me as they approach from the other direction..

In the day I have to gently rest my fingers over the switch and try to determine if it is in the recessed position (that's on) or the popped-out position (off).

So, like many others on this thread I just leave them on all the time.. but since my electrical is stock they only come on when my main headlights are on.