Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Fog Lamps on or off?

View Poll Results: Foglamps on or off in clear weather?
Off 41 25.79%
On 110 69.18%
Never really thought about it 8 5.03%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lamps on or off?

Do you drive around at night with your fog lamps on or off? I am talking about clear weather - no fog, rain or snow. Some people seem to think it's cool - or maybe they turned them on when they bought the vehicle and forgot to turn them off? Maybe they don't know what the fog lamps are for?

To me, it looks the same as if they were driving around on a sunny day with their windshield wipers on.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Its not because it "the cool thing to do", in fact I rarely see people who have them actually using them.

"fog lights" arent just for fog.

for example -fog lights illuminate the ground close to vehicle well at night, I can see if I'm going to run over a nail in a parking lot, etc.

BUT - I have the fog light on anytime mod, and I drive with the fog light on only during the day, "just to be cool".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post

To me, it looks the same as if they were driving around on a sunny day with their windshield wipers on.
and my response to that remark;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck
Old 12-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i figure i have em i might as well use em. they stay on whenever my headlights are on.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I use them at night to help light up the edges of the highway better especially when traveling in areas with alot of animals out in rural areas. Becareful though as it is illegal in some states to use fogs unless there are foggy conditions present.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Like tdm 156 said, I leave mine on all the time when the low beams are on. Where I live there are very few street lights and an overpopulation of deer. They light up the sides of the street by the woods and you have a better chance of spotting the deer and avoiding it. I like the Lebowski clip, I really don't do it to try to look cool, just for safety. I'll be getting the fog light on anytime mod done soon, so I'll have to pay attention the the switch after that.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Haha, +1.

I drive with mine on all the time.
x2
Due to others using them for DRL, I also leave mine on all the time now, they do help for visibility, sure can't hurt anything.

Also I drive deer infested roads every night and the high beams leave a dark spot right in front of the truck.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i leave mine on in hopes of another tacoma owner seeing it and saying "how did he do that". Then he/she will search google, and find tacoma world. Theres another truck the same as mine I drive by every morning on the way to work and after about two weeks I noticed all of a sudden they had done the fog light mod.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
All ways on. I have them, why not use them. And they give added light to the road.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
Do you drive around at night with your fog lamps on or off? I am talking about clear weather - no fog, rain or snow. Some people seem to think it's cool - or maybe they turned them on when they bought the vehicle and forgot to turn them off? Maybe they don't know what the fog lamps are for?

What makes you think that some people think its "cool"? Did they tell you this?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
traderdell is on a distinguished road
traderdell's Tacoma Gallery
On, always.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
i leave mine on in hopes of another tacoma owner seeing it and saying "how did he do that". Then he/she will search google, and find tacoma world. Theres another truck the same as mine I drive by every morning on the way to work and after about two weeks I noticed all of a sudden they had done the fog light mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
All ways on. I have them, why not use them.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #13
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like driving with them on the road when it's clear, doesn't make sense to me....

I DID however do the fog light mod so that I could use them in the woods with my high beams on..... lots of light when ya do that!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
i drive with them on, not because I think it is cool I just want to see ass much as possible.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
on all the time... but only to look cool

I happen to like extra light at night... something about seeing the road and all...
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i dont have fog lights :'(
Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Off. I only have them on when I can't use my high beams, or if my regular lights are so encrusted with crap that the fogs might as well help in their meager little way.

I'm not going to lie, I think it looks dumb to have fog lights on all the time.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #19
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine off unless if its foggy or i'm offroading and want more light. The last Toyota Truck that I had I put fog lights on it and liked the extra light so I would always run them at night. Then one night I looked in my rearview mirror and saw flashing lights. I got a warning for having my fog lights on when the weather conditions didn't permit for them to be on. So make you know your state regs on fog lights.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine on at night and when there's weather. The more visibility, the better.