Attached Thumbnails
the so called american brands should b nervous-toyota-diesel.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
VaderTaco
lortsie is on a distinguished road

Navy: Veteran, 1994-2001. USS Kittyhawk, USS Tripoli
Name: Adam
lortsie's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! But PM me when they actually sell one, lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
gocky is on a distinguished road
gocky's Tacoma Gallery
There was one at a show a couple yrs ago, the big 3 probably paid them not to produce it...
Old 08-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Ford and GM could give a shit about Toyota's full size truck offerings. Ford especially.

Ram has more to worry about, but honestly, none of them are worried.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
that was a concept a few years back.. If they haven't produced it yet, they probably wont.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've never been a fan of duallys but that ones not that bad.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
That is so old. The project has been long since abandoned by Toyota.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
gocky's Tacoma Gallery
yea what do they care, no matter how shitty ford ,gm, and chrysler products are they know our taxes will bail them out every time
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocky View Post
yea what do they care, no matter how shitty ford ,gm, and chrysler products are they know our taxes will bail them out every time
but the goverment did not bail out ford, toyota fan boy.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Ford didn't need to be bailed out. Toyota needed it though.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/07...for-years.html
The Big Three don't report towing capacity truthfully. In theory, if Toyota were to build this thing today (complete with modern Hino urea injection and all), Toyota would be at a disadvantage on paper. And numbers like towing capacity and payload matter to HD buyers.

Using Hino powertrain and suspension has other potential drawbacks, like a 3000-rpm redline, limited top speed (around 90 mph), and higher cost.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
damn that thing looks fugly.
x2
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
VaderTaco
lortsie is on a distinguished road

Navy: Veteran, 1994-2001. USS Kittyhawk, USS Tripoli
Name: Adam
lortsie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/07...for-years.html
The Big Three don't report towing capacity truthfully. In theory, if Toyota were to build this thing today (complete with modern Hino urea injection and all), Toyota would be at a disadvantage on paper. And numbers like towing capacity and payload matter to HD buyers.

Using Hino powertrain and suspension has other potential drawbacks, like a 3000-rpm redline, limited top speed (around 90 mph), and higher cost.
It's not necessarily that they aren't doing it truthfully, they just haven't started doing it under the new standard because no one wants to take the marketing hit. They are touting Toyota for being a hero in adopting it, but really, what did Toyota have to lose? Traditionally no one has looked at them as a HD competitor to begin with.

Really, if you look at the new standard and the effect, its mostly only a couple hundred pounds plus or minus. When you're talking over 10,000lbs that's not much of a big deal.

It appears the changes that result in a significant change are mostly to compensate for consumers not factoring in effect on actual gross wight when towing. If you have you're math straight (which you should of towing over 10k lbs) the rating is as relevant as it is now as when the standard changes. Just the way you formulate it will be different.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
even if they rate towing capabilities on any of the HD trucks it dont really matter any more, when you can plug in a programmer and automatically jump a hundred horses and a hundred plus ft lb's of torque, then factory numbers are irrelevent.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
KCCO
FarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud ofFarmBoyTaco has much to be proud of
FarmBoyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I still needed a big time hauler that would be the vehicle for me. My first vehicle '97 Sierra "hand-me-down" was supposed to be a dually, but my mother talked my dad out of it when they went to the dealership back in '97.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
gocky's Tacoma Gallery
Ford is the only one who has my respect for not taking a bailout, I'm just saying when they do we will.... and chrysler twice now???? cummon and let em die so a better company can take it's place so we don't have to keep rewarding failure.. and my friends ford diesel shuts off at 85
Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually it's because the Big 3 have MUCH better sales numbers for their pickups than Toyota does for the Tundra.

I'm not saying the Tundra is a bad truck. Don't get me wrong. I'm saying the Big 3 are selling oodles of trucks, so they're not worried about their strategy or what Toyota does.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure on sticker prices but i would guess the yota to be more expensive too. does any big three automaker use over-head cammed v8s? or throw any mechanical "technology" into their v8s for that matter? real americans dont give a shit about real hardware, and until toyota makes their trucks worse off than they already are, they will never trully compete.

chevys are dirt cheap, people love it. everyone will have a government built car. cant wait for them to get the rep of other govt. built cars i.e. what came out of communist russia
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think Toyota or Nissan will really ever get into the HD truck market. I think Nissan was mulling around an HD Titan for awhile. It was hard enough really breaking into the full size market. Sure the Tundra sells and I always see Titans around but I think it would be much harder getting people into an import HD. Toyota would need a new motor as well I think the only diesel V8 they have is the 4.5L with under 500lb-ft of torque. The HD trucks nowadays are over 800 torques and 400ish hp.

Not to say they couldn't do it but I think they need to spent money on developing better products for other segments.