Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Speed about Tacoma 2012

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
coronel is on a distinguished road
coronel's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Speed about Tacoma 2012

I just bought a tacoma prerunner 4 door 2.7 2012 with 0 miles.
I feel like my truck is kind slow, i got the pedal all the way down and I just hit 85... i haven't keep the speed up to see if its keep going up!!!
is it normal for a new truck or I have to put more miles on to see if its get better??
Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
You didn't get the race car model Tacoma?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Redrum 781 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billie
Redrum 781's Tacoma Gallery
Should have spent a lil extra and got the 4.0
Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
coronel is on a distinguished road
coronel's Tacoma Gallery
no
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
cameron172 will become famous soon enough

Navy: Student Naval Aviator
Name: Cameron
cameron172's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's just what we get for driving a 4 cyl truck. My poor Taco struggles to get up to Interstate speed when going up the ramp and the pedal is all the way down.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coronel View Post
I just bought a tacoma prerunner 4 door 2.7 2012 with 0 miles.
I feel like my truck is kind slow, i got the pedal all the way down and I just hit 85... i haven't keep the speed up to see if its keep going up!!!
is it normal for a new truck or I have to put more miles on to see if its get better??
that's called a 4 cylinder engine
Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
dshafie is on a distinguished road
Name: D-man
dshafie's Tacoma Gallery
I just experienced this issue as well. Truck was running great until yesterday we got in it and drove off and it seemed to be very sluggish when accelerating that even my wife noticed it. I only have about 2,500 miles on it.

I also noticed that when idling it makes a noise similar to a diesel engine which it never did before.

Under the hood everything looks normal and nothing seems to be blocking the tail pipe, but I can tell you that this is the first time this has happened.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
If you want speed, get a mustang/challenger/lambo.... Did you forget that you bought a truck? Not to mention a truck with a 4 banger?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
My '11 4x4 AC has no problem getting up to 85 with stock tires.
I just have to make sure I don't hit 88 or the flux capacitor kicks in.
Freeway speed hills with the 33" tires is another story (but I only put them on when going off road).
Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I love banging on all 4s
where you from homes....
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
Ummmm...I can run 75-80 on the freeway with no issues. I've honestly never pushed this truck any faster. I didn't buy it for speed. If I want that, I'll hit up my dad to borrow his 370Z for a little while
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't know they had an 85 speed limit in VA Beach, spent some time there myself.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #13
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
^Hah, likewise. Went to school at Old Dominion University in Norfolk VA. Now in Fort Collins, happy to be out of that humid hell hole. Where in CO are you?

To OP: I die on interstate hills @ 75mph, even dropping it in to 4th takes a while to get me back to 75 if I've reached 70
Old 08-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't done the numbers yet, but I suspect an Access Cab 4x4 2.7 has among the worst power-to-weight ratios of any vehicle offered in Toyota's lineup. A Double Cab PreRunner is a little bit lighter.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Didn't know they had an 85 speed limit in VA Beach, spent some time there myself.
Why do you assume 85 mph was achieved on a public highway.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Why do you assume 85 mph was achieved on a public highway.
Being a 4 banger, I can't assume 85 was achieved at all!

And because the all the roads are too curved unless its a public highway...he could indeed have gone to track.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #17
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haven't done the numbers yet, but I suspect an Access Cab 4x4 2.7 has among the worst power-to-weight ratios of any vehicle offered in Toyota's lineup. A Double Cab PreRunner is a little bit lighter.
That's what I have (AC 4x4 2.7) and its gutless on the highway and but in 4th I can get it up to 145 km/h but stopped because the tire noise was starting to sound bad. Around town it's great no need for anything more unless you like brappin around like a riced up civic with a fart pipe
Old 08-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #18
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Just did the calcs. The 4-cyl 4x4 Access Cab is tied with the Prius V minivan for having the worst weight-to-power ratio in Toyota's lineup. The Scion iQ is more spritely.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Just did the calcs. The 4-cyl 4x4 Access Cab is tied with the Prius V minivan for having the worst weight-to-power ratio in Toyota's lineup. The Scion iQ is more spritely.

Silly 4 bangers.