Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

4 CYLINDER DOUBLE CAB LIFT OPTIONS

Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
WVU85 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
WVU85's Tacoma Gallery
4 CYLINDER DOUBLE CAB LIFT OPTIONS

Hey yall, just picked up a 2012 tacoma double cab, 2.7L, 4CYL., 5 Lug.....you know....all the specs its hard to be proud of before mods are made....anyway im having a hard time finding compatable lifts for the 5 lug, im only looking to go 3" of lift and was wondering what that allows me to do as far as tire and rim combos. also, wondering if i need to beef up any other suspension parts, gears, or engine components such as intakes, chips, etc... to increase power due to the increased height and weight of lift and tires. thank you all for any input you can provide......
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried Fat Bob's Garage? I don't know about the double cab specifically, but they sell a 5 lug lift kit that seems to be pretty popular on this site.

Welcome to TW!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Have you tried Fat Bob's Garage? I don't know about the double cab specifically, but they sell a 5 lug lift kit that seems to be pretty popular on this site.

Welcome to TW!
X2.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.

if i can make a suggestion. since your running the 2,7 in a double cab keep in mind that going to a larger more heavier tire and wheel set up like the common 285 size your going to need gears pretty bad if i where you i would factor that into my budget when lifting.

or at least have it so you can regear soon there after. if you live in the mountains or have a bunch of hills your never going to be in the left lane again until you slap some 4.88's in there just food for thought.

oh and i second the fatbobs garage recommendation they are really nice guys and have served me well. also check into down south motor sports pretty much everyone loves that shop and the guys that run it.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
WVU85 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
WVU85's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys....i am going to check out fat bobs right now....i assumed the gears would be a must after reading multiple posts on here about it but just wanted to be sure. do you all think there is a need for an air intake system do help compensate at all for the extra work the truck is doing?