LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

How do you justify driving a non-American vehicle??

Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
How do you justify driving a non-American vehicle??

I think this is a good way to justify it. Especially the next time your Chevy driving friend harasses you.....

Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Before I clicked in, I thought this was a troll post. Good to see some numbers. Source?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
The source is actually the window stickers on each vehicle, as mandated by law. But here is where it came from:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/03...n-america.html
Cool. Next time I spout off I didn't want to back my stuff up with, "well I read it on the interwebz tacoma forum, it has to be true!!!"
Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Banned
shemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to beholdshemp is a splendid one to behold
shemp's Tacoma Gallery
The real question isn't about how you can justify driving a non-American vehicle, but how could anyone possibly justify spending their hard earned money on an inferior american branded vehicle. I sure couldn't justify THAT.

As for percentage american content, I couldn't care less. If americans want my money, they'd better step up on quality and/or step WAY down on price.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have to justify anything. Its my money I'm going to spend it on the vehicle I like best. The Tacoma could have been made in Japan with 100% Japanese parts and it wouldn't matter to me. I've owned both foreign and domestic and will do so in the future based on whichever fits my needs and appeals to me the most.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed12SuperWhiteDC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12SuperWhiteDC's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Since none of the percentages add up to 100%, I wonder where the rest of the content comes from?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12SuperWhiteDC View Post
Since none of the percentages add up to 100%, I wonder where the rest of the content comes from?

^^^!!

where's our other 15 percent??!!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #9
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12SuperWhiteDC View Post
In the case of Chevy, they probably just didn't completely finish their products..... It would explain a lot!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I just drive what I like, American(built in Mexico) or not.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
whats the difference, theres alot of foreigners working in the American assembly plants anyways. either way its built by foreiners.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
I can drive a foreign vehicle put together by american workers in the good ole USA or I can drive an "american" vehicle put together by foreign workers outside the USA. I drive what I want.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
I'm not sure which companies build in Canada - other than Chrysler. Could be more, just not sure which.
Your graph says " percent of content US / Canada "

There are lots of parts etc manufactured in Canada , but the graph doesn't seperate Canadian content from US content , that's all I'm saying
Old 09-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I just drive what I like, American(built in Mexico) or not.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Your graph says " percent of content US / Canada "

There are lots of parts etc manufactured in Canada , but the graph doesn't seperate Canadian content from US content , that's all I'm saying
Also x2. That graph is very bias... If you group certain countries together, you can manipulate the results so some companies might look better than others. Case in point is grouping Canada with the US. Also, why the hell do they not add up to 100%?? It's either made in the US, Canada or somewhere else... That right there should tell you something about the credibility of the source.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
No need to justify anything. I let other people own their xenophobia.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
Couldn't agree more.
not yet, soon to be usa canada and mexico under 1 nation.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #20
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
I really do not care if someone complains that I did not buy an "American vehicle". I want a reliable vehicle that appeals to ME. If Ford, GM and Chrylser can't make a reliable car that does not appeal to me, then don't get mad a me for choosing something else.

My mom bought a Datsun in the late 70's and many people gave her shit for not buying American. She told one jerk, if you do not like what I am driving then buy me the car you want me to drive. The guy shut up right away. She sold the Datsun in the mid 80's and it was in much better shape than most of the American cars made about the same time.

I have been looking to get a pick up for about 6 months. I did not want a full size, the Ranger and Dakota were dropped, the Colorado/Canyon did not appeal to me and the Frontier does not come in a regular cab. The only one left was the Tacoma.