Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Wrecked My Toyota! :(

Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
jbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
jbclarke16's Tacoma Gallery
Wrecked My Toyota! :(

Sadly as the title says I have wrecked my 2005 Sport.

Late Sunday evening I was on the way home from my girlfriends house when a deer jumped out infront of me, out of pure reaction and instinct i jerked the wheel hard in order to swerve around the deer. I wound up going through two ditches and glancing off of a telephone pole then coming to a stop finally between two trees. I was only 100 yards away from my driveway. I walked away with only a burn mark on my arm from the airbag.

Thankfully i didn't hit the pole square. I think the good lord may have been looking out for me. And yes, as i have heard many times in the past few days that it would have been better to "hit the deer instead of swerving" but it was only out of reaction so please don't jump on my case lol. next time i will plow through the deer.

We're still waiting for the insurance adjuster to come out to look at my truck to estimate the total cost of repair or just total it.

The Telephone pole

This is quite upsetting

Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Well that sucks....glad you are okay.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Sorry for your taco, but glad you came out OK. Not much you can do about gut reaction. In hindsight they can say "hit the deer" but until the lil bugger jumps out in front of them....

Good luck on the repair or replacement of the truck!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
wow glad your not hurt...
taco looks bad......
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
gary56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
gary56's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear your okay, thats what really matters. !!!! Wrecked my tacoma about 8 months ago and just got a new one about 2 weeks ago. I feel your pain.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear man!!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're okay...wow...must have been a heck of a crash.

"We have the technology..we can rebuild..."

12Tac
Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
wow! glad your ok man! we may not like it, but trucks can be replaced we can’t!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, that sucks but atleast you made it out fine. The truck can be replaced, you can't....oh ya, and i'd have swerved too...in fact, when I was 20 I had the same thing happen and I swerved...the deer actually jumped back in the same direction I swerved and I ended up hitting him anyway....shit happens sometimes....Your ok, so all is good.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
jbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to behold

Thank you everyone! And yeah, im lucky and thankful to still be ok!

Insurance adjuster comes either tomorrow or Friday to take a look at it...praying for the best because i've been looking around and there is no way in hell i'll be able to get another one if it's totaled.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #13

Insurance agent came today...it's totaled. I've cleared everything i could get out of it, now it's time to start from square one i guess...
Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. On another note, you said its a sport. I thought all sports had the skewp, body colored door handles and mirrors...
Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear about your truck and at least you made it out safely, but this only means one thing....WAR

get a nice all pro bumper (when you get your money right) and next time that little deer decides he wants to play chicken..ram that mofo!!!!

then throw him in the back of the truck and cook up some good ol back strap later that night

this should do the trick....

Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
That sucks. On another note, you said its a sport. I thought all sports had the skewp, body colored door handles and mirrors...
honestly, i thought it was a sport too until TW made me realize other wise lol. When we bought it, it had the TRD Sport sticker on the bedside so i always figured it was a sport.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
sorry to hear about your truck and at least you made it out safely, but this only means one thing....WAR

get a nice all pro bumper (when you get your money right) and next time that little deer decides he wants to play chicken..ram that mofo!!!!

then throw him in the back of the truck and cook up some good ol back strap later that night

this should do the trick....

haha if only i had enough money to do this i would!