Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Price on 90 Yota ?

Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Price on 90 Yota ?

I saw a 1990 extra cab 4x4 v6 Yota down the street from my house behind a dealership...I saw it sitting there rotting so I went to find the guy who owns it. Turns out its been sitting for a few years..and hes interested in selling It. Runs but runs like shit. All the tires are badly rotted. It's 4 shades of red. What do y'all think I should offer the guy? If location matters, I'm in South Georgia.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the overall condition. Just use your judgement. Shoot low and go from there. It takes ALOT of work/time/money to get one in good driveable condition. Yes i've done it.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have too. Sold my 84 not too long ago. Every body panel has a small dent on this one but nothing major. It's 4 shades of red. Ill post pics tomorrow if I can get by there and take one. I really want it but just trying to figure how much it's really worth. I'd love to have a 3rd Toyota in the driveway.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
less than a grand with the 3.slow in it. That motor is trash. Quite possibly the worst motor Toyota ever built. I would only buy a truck with the 22re from those years.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #5

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
less than a grand with the 3.slow in it. That motor is trash. Quite possibly the worst motor Toyota ever built. I would only buy a truck with the 22re from those years.
gotcha...thanks for the input! i dont know much about the v6 from that generation
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I don't want to talk negatively but if you are looking at an old Hilux I would try to find one with the 4 banger, 22re. They aren't that rare and you can still pick them up for a good price. The 4 banger is infinitely better than the V6 engines in those years
I'm with these guys. I was going to say offer him a grand for the motor alone, then saw it was the 6cyl. Wait for a 22R-E to pop up is my input also. Not that I wouldn't jump on the 6 if it was in great shape or something, just not really worth putting a ton of time/money into IMO. Some people like them
Old 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #7

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info guys...ill definitely stay away from the v6 then unless hes going to let it go really cheap
Old 10-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
+1

That generation V6 was subject to a head gasket recall, but I don't remember if it was an actual recall or a TSB that they extended the warranty on... it would likely not be covered by now, as it's been over 10 years since it was issued.

If it's running poorly now, it could be because of the head gasket, or just low compression... not uncommon after an engine sits "forever", the cylinders get a layer of surface rust, and the engine is kicked over without pre-lubricating the cylinders. Good way to break a ring or score a cylinder.