Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Hood Scoops

Old 10-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Scentdogs is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Scentdogs's Tacoma Gallery
Hood Scoops

I have a 2007 Taco no hood scoop. I bought the truck used so dont know what the original equipment was. What model year did Toyota start the hood scoop thing ? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure they started the hood scoop in 2005, but someone correct me if I am wrong!!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Tacomas started wearing dah skewp in 2005 with the trd sport package.
^^LOL yeah what he said!! I guess I was late
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
Banned
discoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to behold

Name: DISCO
discoy2k's Tacoma Gallery
WRONG!
I bought one of the first shipped 2nd gen quad-cab TRD Sport's shipped (2005 model), i was IT guy at dealership and reserved it for myself

Has full TRD Sport package and offroad package, hood scoop included. and it has real locker instead of the just break lock system

on that note has anyone made the hood scoop active?

cheers,
disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoGuy View Post
I am pretty sure they started the hood scoop in 2005, but someone correct me if I am wrong!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hood Scoops-2005__tacoma_pre-runner_trd_sport_v2.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #6

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoy2k View Post
WRONG!
I bought one of the first shipped 2nd gen quad-cab TRD Sport's shipped (2005 model), i was IT guy at dealership and reserved it for myself

Has full TRD Sport package and offroad package, hood scoop included. and it has real locker instead of the just break lock system

cheers,
disco
WTF??
Old 10-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #7
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
LOL

I don't understand, who are you saying is wrong? Both of us said 2005 and you are saying you got a 2005.

You did not get a TRD Sport AND Offroad.

The "brake lock", or non-mechanical LSD, you speak of was not introduced until 2009 I believe. '05-'08 TRD Sports had mechanical LSD's with clutch packs.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
Banned
discoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to beholddiscoy2k is a splendid one to behold

guess i got an odd-ball then, its mainly sport package, painted bumpers, hood scoop, etc, but with hooks and 17" trd sport rims and had all-terrains, both have the extra coolers etc

"The "brake lock", or non-mechanical LSD, you speak of was not introduced until 2009 I believe. '05-'08 TRD Sports had mechanical LSD's with clutch packs. "

i thought it was only 2005/2006, thanks for the info. so its 2005-2008?

i donno

cheers,
disco
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
guess i got an odd-ball then, its mainly sport package, painted bumpers, hood scoop, etc, but with hooks and 17" trd sport rims and had all-terrains, both have the extra coolers etc

"The "brake lock", or non-mechanical LSD, you speak of was not introduced until 2009 I believe. '05-'08 TRD Sports had mechanical LSD's with clutch packs. "

i thought it was only 2005/2006, thanks for the info. so its 2005-2008?

i donno

cheers,
disco
You're not an oddball. You have the Sport Package, not Sport and Off-Road (no such thing). Off-roads have an actual electronic locker, which is only for off-roading since it only works in 4lo. And it has no scoop. Everything you described on your truck is the Sport.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
Banned

ok, thanks. i did try to have it delivered with the electronic lock (like the 4x4's) but they said no way. i guess the tires were just an add-on somewhere along the line. Like i knda mentioned before I ordered it myself when i was in the dealers computer, got it for $24,100 off the truck that was dealer cost! they had one like it delivered at same time put on the lot for $32,000 (this was in 2005) hehehehehehe

(dealers never show you the actual ship cost, even if they show you a "manifest")

cheers,
disco
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok, thanks. i did try to have it delivered with the electronic lock (like the 4x4's) but they said no way. i guess the tires were just an add-on somewhere along the line. Like i knda mentioned before I ordered it myself when i was in the dealers computer, got it for $24,100 off the truck that was dealer cost! they had one like it delivered at same time put on the lot for $32,000 (this was in 2005) hehehehehehe

(dealers never show you the actual ship cost, even if they show you a "manifest")

cheers,
disco
Yeah, the e-locker only comes on off-roads, for both 2wd trucks and 4wd trucks. I do love the scoops that are on the Sport models though.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #18
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
WRONG!

cheers,
disco
If your rear diff and housing DOES NOT look this ..YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFFROAD MODEL
Old 10-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sportroad package?