Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Toyota "Ecoboost" Type 6-Cylinder for Tacoma

Old 11-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
SCHMEGGA's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota "Ecoboost" Type 6-Cylinder for Tacoma

So the Ford Ecoboost for the F150 application produces 360 bhp and 420 lb-ft and is estimated at 16-22. Who wouldn't give their left testicle for Toyota to produce a detuned version of this at say 280 bph and 320 lb-ft and an estimated 19-25 for the Tacoma? I would schedule surgery tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Who would do your anesthesia?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
That would be sweet however.....could care less about more hp, but would love 25 or more mpgs.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMEGGA View Post
So the Ford Ecoboost for the F150 application produces 360 bhp and 420 lb-ft and is estimated at 16-22. Who wouldn't give their left testicle for Toyota to produce a detuned version of this at say 280 bph and 320 lb-ft and an estimated 19-25 for the Tacoma? I would schedule surgery tomorrow.

I'd just take the FJ cruisier, tundra, 4runner current varient of the 1GR with Dual VVTi : An updated version of this engine features Dual VVT-i, increasing output to 254 hp (189 kW) and 270 lb·ft (366 N·m) on 87 octane and 285 hp (213 kW) and 289 lb·ft (392 N·m) on 91 octane.
Applications (with Dual VVT-i) in model years:
Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
^ What is the reason Tacoma was not updated with this engine?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
I've got to ask does anyone know why manufacturers don't do that more often. Adding turbo does mean some more maintenance and raises the price of certain repairs but it would also give vehicles more mpgs and power. I think it's very much worth it. Or make it an option on more cars and eliminate bigger engines such as two engine options for accord 4 cyl and 4 cyl turbo
Old 11-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Because they are selling plenty as it is and probably don't see any need to change
Old 11-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Not really sure, I have my own assumption but silly why they dont as the S/C option is a bit pricey for more power.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Token Gas Passer
SCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to beholdSCHMEGGA is a splendid one to behold

My only 2 complaints about my Taco are that when I pull a small trailer loaded with my 1200# Bad Boy mower it really has to breathe heavy when going up any type of incline. And secondly, and way back is that I get 14 mpg on mine. Not as big a deal for me, especially since I have added prolly 300# to its total weight and have huge tires, but an extra 4-5 mpg would be nice.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Token Gas Passer

Oh and I would do my own anesthesia. I don't trust me coworkers not to tell the surgeon to cut something else off as well! LOL.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #11

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh, self administered nut block LOL.
Big tires look so badass, it's unfortunate that they suck for everything else.