Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

trailer hitch wiring color coding

Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
bibi54 is on a distinguished road
Army: CW3, ret
bibi54's Tacoma Gallery
trailer hitch wiring color coding

what is color code for tacoma trailer hitch?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
M202Flash is on a distinguished road

M202Flash's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good question. I will be mounting a halogen back-up light just below my bumper, and I wanted to tap into the existing trailer harness back-up and ground.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M202Flash View Post
That's a good question. I will be mounting a halogen back-up light just below my bumper, and I wanted to tap into the existing trailer harness back-up and ground.
well, the Yellow center wire is for backup. I did the same thing
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Tail lights - Green
Back up lights - Red w/ White
Stop Light - Light Blue
Left Turn - Blue w/ Black
Right Turn - Blue w/ Yellow
Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
well, the Yellow center wire is for backup. I did the same thing
Yellow is pre-parking position switch.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Yellow is pre-parking position switch.
hmm .. I would guess the colors are not consistent year to year, or you don't have an OEM socket. My center wire is most certainly yello and attached to Reverse.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
hmm .. I would guess the colors are not consistent year to year, or you don't have an OEM socket. My center wire is most certainly yello and attached to Reverse.
Aye, the wiring colors I am referring to are fuse-to-bulb. I'm not talking about the OEM tow socket as I would assume the OP doesn't have one?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Aye, the wiring colors I am referring to are fuse-to-bulb. I'm not talking about the OEM tow socket as I would assume the OP doesn't have one?
ahh that makes sense