Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Starter problems...contacts replaced.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
mitchellayes is on a distinguished road
Navy: IT
Name: Mitchell
mitchellayes's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Starter problems...contacts replaced.

Dealer just charged me 600.00 to rebuild my starter, said the contacts were bad..were they pulling my leg? The truck wud start fine in neutral(automatic)..clicking at times..cables were cleaned on the battery side..sounded like a loose ground or something....any comments..damn dealers..just wanted it done right..but 600.00 dollars..hell that cost more than replacing the timing belt!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Really? A new starter would only be around $100.00 I'd say you got ripped unless it was something more than just the starter.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
$600 to rebuild a starter???.............yeah I think someone ripped you off on that one.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
mitchellayes is on a distinguished road
Navy: IT
Name: Mitchell
mitchellayes's Tacoma Gallery
It was mostlabor charges..5 hours worth..so they claim..it shoud be only two bolts right? 5 hours for two bolts...I think I got jacked..no more dealers for me!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
call up another dealer and ask them what they charge to install a new starter and compare. Should only take 1/2 hour max.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
call up another dealer and ask them what they charge to install a new starter and compare. Should only take 1/2 hour max.
exactly