Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Flaccid Horn

Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
Flaccid Horn

I was driving home with the wife, stopped at a 4-way intersection waiting to make a left turn. When the left signal turned green I started to make my left turn, but a truck coming from the opposite direction thought that his left turn green light meant he could cross the intersection. We nearly had a slow-motion head on...but I saw him coming, braked and laid on the horn. He just went around me and kept going like nothing happened.

The wife asked "What the hell was that!?" I answered "Some dumba$$." She said "No, was that your horn?! It's sounds so...cute..."

I have to admit, I had not hit the horn on this truck before...and I'm a little stunned that it is so wimpy. Reminiscent of the high pitched squeek of an irritated marmot. I'd really like to get something more in-line with a truck horn. When I have to push the Oh-Shiznit-Button I want the other driver to say Oh-Shiznit!

Your suggestions Ladies and Gents? I did search and found the Euro-Horns to be too high pitched for my tastes. I prefer loud but low pitched. More of a honk than a beep if you get my meaning.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for title selection and OP. Haha You're a pretty funny guy. Can't help you with the horn thing though sorry.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Try adjusting the screws on the back of the horns. I figure the higher pitch is better to get people's attention
Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Look at hella horns. I am running them behind my grill and they are LOUD.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1n8hx6uond_b
Old 12-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gens have two horns, not sure what year yor truck is but it may be worth checking if they are both working.

Sometimes one of mine quits and the single horn sounds LAME.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked the horn fluid lately? Sometimes when it runs low the horn tone starts to lack its usual power. It's a pretty easy DIY fix.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
$60bux
http://trainhorns.net/hot-rod-deluxe...rain-horn.html

http://youtu.be/wJend7p2nOk
Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Oh come-on, couldn't have been a better setup if there was a bow on it
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcmn7 View Post
Have you checked the horn fluid lately? Sometimes when it runs low the horn tone starts to lack its usual power. It's a pretty easy DIY fix.
So it's flaccid, leaking "horn fluid", and it's an easy DIY fix...

There ya go...NOW there's a bow on it.