Notices

Factory seats fabric wearing out

Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
Factory seats fabric wearing out

I have a 2012 Tacoma.... 18000 miles on it. ( put 5429 on in the fall vacation that i have taken) driven daily and have noticed the seat fabric is already showing signs of wear on drivers side ... I am looking for seat covers now. I know alot of owners like the katskins but I have dogs that ride sometimes and dont want leather scratched from their claws. Does anyone have good seat covers that fit good and wear good ?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of clothe covers from RuffTuff.
http://www.rufftuff.com/

I got them at my local truck accessories shop. They have a variety of different fabrics & colors available. I bought 'em only months after I bought the truck. They're 5 years old now and still going strong. They're a bit faded....and some of the elastic straps have broken off from multiple trips in the washing machine. A few grease stains & such...but they're still doing well and no obvious wear that I can see. They are padded ...which probably helps keep the main fabric intact longer. I need seat covers because my job will often leave me greasy/dirty.

Just an FYI: If you have side airbags - you need to get seat covers that are side airbag compatible. These will have a separate material on the sides that will easily 'burst open' when/if the airbags go off.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Toyotaguy is a jewel in the roughToyotaguy is a jewel in the roughToyotaguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
Toyotaguy's Tacoma Gallery
seat covers

Also got mine from rufftuff right after I bought the truck almost 4 years ago. Bought the neosupreme and they have proved to hold up. Spilled stuff on them, got a stain or 2 from getting in dirty from my job as well.

But they are holding up and still look great. Throw tools on the seat and stuff, they take it. Would recommend, will try to get you some pics later today.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Janster and Toyotaguy............ I will take a look at them.
Anyone else have a preference on seatcovers?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at Wet Okole Realtree Camo covers right now!